Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmanley1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
White or Black, don't care.

Anyone have any inside knowledge or helpful hints on where to check?

I have checked all B&M stores in my area. No luck online. Apple's delivery date is by the 28th.

I probably procrastinated too long to get one prior to Christmas without going the ebay route.

Any suggestions are welcome.

sird28

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2012
Order it from apple I just did and it took with shipping 3 days.

That way you have your choice on color and size :)

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
You might give milo.com a try for tracking one down local to you. Otherwise I'd try reserving one with Apple after 10 pm.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
Order it from apple I just did and it took with shipping 3 days.

That way you have your choice on color and size :)

Was it showing availability times of one week like it currently does? I placed an order yesterday. Would be great to get it before Christmas.

RichP74

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
Was it showing availability times of one week like it currently does? I placed an order yesterday. Would be great to get it before Christmas.

I am interested in order/ship times as well from Apple. I ordered 32 gig WiFi units for myself and my wife, hoping the Dec 28th date is just a general advisory date and we'll get them before Christmas. I will admit that I chose 32 gig units even though 16s would have sufficed just in hopes they would get here this week.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
Is 10pm when the Apple in-store availability status is updated??

Yes, 10pm Pacific.

Edit to add: I think your best bet is download the Apple Store App and keep refreshing that about that time. I haven't actually done this but have seen others post that they did.

enigma2k

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
Yes, 10pm Pacific.

Edit to add: I think your best bet is download the Apple Store App and keep refreshing that about that time. I haven't actually done this but have seen others post that they did.

isn't it local time of the Apple store?

RichP74

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
Yeah, I just called there. They have tons and tons of blacks, but no whites until after Christmas. Well, the search continues.

jmanley1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
I broke down and went with the black/slate.

Was a little leary of ordering from a place in NYC I had never heard of but if there have been multiple orders by MacRumors people, I'm sure it's fine.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
I broke down and went with the black/slate.

Was a little leary of ordering from a place in NYC I had never heard of but if there have been multiple orders by MacRumors people, I'm sure it's fine.

You and me both

mrkjsn

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2010
And Tekserve is reputable?

Ordered two A couple of 16gb wifi from them a few weeks ago. Arrived a week later. Would have arrived sooner but FedEx screwed up somehow. At any rate, Tekserv is excellent. Didn't have to pay shipping or tax either.

AmtrakRider

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2011
I got my 16gb black mini using the apple site after 1AM EST. I am in the east and I was able to get it for pick up the next day around 1:10AM they said every night they are unsure of what they will get.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.