Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uplift

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
UK
Are these ok to buy? Some power sellers are selling them almost £10 off £30 credit... Normally i would think it was a scam but they have 100% rating.

Safe or stupid ?

joshdaley

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
go for it

I've bought loads, they are genuine and do work!!

I guess they must have an inside supplier or something to get them so cheap. But anyway even if it didn't work ebay is safe nowadays so if one didn't work and the seller didn't contact you to resolve it, paypal will give you a chargeback (refund).

So yeah, you have nothing to loose by buying one :D

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I don't know, but when I see ads to buy gift cards, I usually think that there is a scam going on. I wouldn't buy them.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Are these ok to buy? Some power sellers are selling them almost £10 off £30 credit... Normally i would think it was a scam but they have 100% rating.

Safe or stupid ?

100% rating means nothing if the account has been hijacked. Which happens often enough. And if you use gift cards that have been purchased using stolen credit cards, you'll have a problem. Like your iTunes account might get closed.

You can always find some store selling iTunes gift cards with 20% rebate. If Boots or Argos sells them, you know it's genuine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.