Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Now let's get real here, can you really see Apple coloring their products as if they were the new iPod Touch? I made a rough etching in Photoshop to experiment with the design. You tell me what you think - not of my graphic ability ;)) but of how disgusting it would look....

Attachments

• apple1.jpg
    apple1.jpg
    413 KB · Views: 151

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
Now let's get real here, can you really see Apple coloring their products as if they were the new iPod Touch? I made a rough etching in Photoshop to experiment with the design. You tell me what you think - not of my graphic ability ;)) but of how disgusting it would look....

I think it they should just stay with black and white, but i wouldnt put it past them. Remember what they did with the old iMac G3s.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
iPhone 5 and iPad have different textures to them, makes it difficult. Dunno, I just really hope they don't do anything to it.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
The iPod Touch is pastel colored to attract kids, so my guess is if they bring out colors for the adult devices then they would be darker than those, like the iPod Nano 6G colors.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Don't be tempted to share ur idea with Apple. If u do u will receive a form letter from their legal department telling u don't do it again. Is true.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
The iPod Touch is pastel colored to attract kids, so my guess is if they bring out colors for the adult devices then they would be darker than those, like the iPod Nano 6G colors.

That's what I was thinking... iPod touch is definitely a "kid-friendly" device.

----------

Don't be tempted to share ur idea with Apple. If u do u will receive a form letter from their legal department. Is true.

What?

teejaysyke

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2012
I feel like this could be a good thing, prevent people from going through 3rd party companies to change the color of their phones, and to compete with the other phones on the market like the S 3 (4 colors) the Lumia 920 (5 colors)

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I'm not a fan of the colors especially on a "premium" device. White/black is good enough.=

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
They look fugly (for my taste at least)

Not sure how you can call them all fugly.. The red/blue/pink white iPhone 5s look just the same but with the colors of an iPod touch! They look like they could come from Apple like that. I'm much less of a fan of the reanodized black ones though.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Not sure how you can call them all fugly.. The red/blue/pink white iPhone 5s look just the same but with the colors of an iPod touch! They look like they could come from Apple like that. I'm much less of a fan of the reanodized black ones though.

Because I'm not a fan of the pastel colors of the current iPod Touch, fugly for my taste. They look even worse w/ the two tone backs on the iPhone 5.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Because I'm not a fan of the pastel colors of the current iPod Touch, fugly for my taste.

But the red isn't pastel, it's as red as can be! I'm just wondering what would please you then because there's royal blue as well.. If you're citing the pastel as your main complaint there's others!

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
But the red isn't pastel, it's as red as can be! I'm just wondering what would please you then because there's royal blue as well.. If you're citing the pastel as your main complaint there's others!

Why are you so distressed that I don't like the colors? Do you own the company? :p To me the double tone back w/ colors looks horrible and the pastels ones are even worse. Anyways, to each his/her own taste. :)

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Why are you so distressed that I don't like the colors? Do you own the company? :p To me the double tone back w/ colors looks horrible and the pastels ones are even worse. Anyways, to each his/her own taste. :)

Ah I'm not I'm just trying to understand xD To each their own indeed!

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
Apple won't add vibrant colors to their big name product lines (iMacs, Macbooks, iPhones, iPads, iPod classics, etc.)

Apple has a distinct design motif and design language with most of their post 2000 products -- that being white/black/aluminum/glass. The nice thing about these products is that they're still customizable after you purchase them. But anyone who has caught on to Apple's consistent themes in their product designs would know that it's very unlikely that they'd start releasing colored iPhones, iPads, and so on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.