Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmt134

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
I hate how everything is not centered. :mad:
I hate how it is trying to tell me what to watch. :mad:
I hate how I have to click 3 times to get to my subscription uploads feed. :mad:

treatment

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2012
Oh, I totally agree.
The worst things about youtube:

1. It's worldwide
2. It's easy to use
3. It has replaced my TV set
4. It's searchable
5. It has given artists like musicians, filmmakers, and other content providers an audience
6. The worst part: it's completely free.

Check out this YOUTUBE clip, and give your head a shake, little puppy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsOWGG2p1FQ

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
Plenty of other video sites are better than YouTube... also, half of the people on YouTube are like 10 years old from what I've seen... and it's a shame, there used to be a huge amount of really great videos and comments on YouTube.

Also, YouTube uses Flash, and its HTML5 version isn't really lightweight at all. It's generally sluggish on low-end hardware when it's unnecessary.

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
Read point #6 again.

I really don't mind the free accounts with a "Premium" option, and plenty of other people don't, especially when they're only watching videos.

YouTube's not that bad, it just isn't the same thing as it was ~5 years ago.

smoledman

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2011
I really don't mind the free accounts with a "Premium" option, and plenty of other people don't, especially when they're only watching videos.

YouTube's not that bad, it just isn't the same thing as it was ~5 years ago.

Even with all the changes for the bad(ads that automatically play) there's still nothing better on the internet.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Oh, I totally agree.

1. It's worldwide
2. It's easy to use
4. It's searchable
5. It has given artists like musicians, filmmakers, and other content providers an audience
6. The worst part: it's completely free. [/url]

Sounds like good things if you ask me.

half of the people on YouTube are like 10 years old from what I've seen... and it's a shame, there used to be a huge amount of really great videos and comments on YouTube.

Sounds a bit dramatic don't you think? There are plenty of useful videos on YouTube. Just gotta do search. Course that's considered a bad thing according to my first quote. :confused:

Although I will agree with you on the comments. That's why I you gotta use comment blocker.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Sounds a bit dramatic don't you think? There are plenty of useful videos on YouTube. Just gotta do search. Course that's considered a bad thing according to my first quote. :confused:

Although I will agree with you on the comments. That's why I you gotta use comment blocker.

Probably a Vimeo die hard or something. Sure, Vimeo might be better for videographers and for its quality, but with a tiny audience in comparison, no one is watching your stuff unless it goes viral somehow.

bbbg

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
Oh, I totally agree.

1. It's worldwide
2. It's easy to use
4. It's searchable
6. The worst part: it's completely free.

Check out this YOUTUBE clip, and give your head a shake, little puppy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsOWGG2p1FQ

Number six on your list would be correct if it wasn't for the sarcastic tone. That old saying "you get what you pay for" is definitely true in regards to youtube. Because it's free, they have no reason to take complaints seriously.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.