Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aquaboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
UK
I would like a poll too see what percentage of people are happy with the build quality and screen quality! I'm nervous about getting mine today with the amount of people talking about screenbleed etc

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I am stoked with the quality of mine I probably sound like a broken record boasting about it but yea no lightbleed, no scuffs, no yellowing and no dead pixels. Nice deep rich blacks and the colors really pop.

I am with you though was just as concerned as you are before getting mine having dealt with awful screens on numerous iPads. The whole scuff gate with the new iPhone 5 all marked up out the box. Good luck!!

aquaboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
UK
Pointless poll, like any new purchase, buyers are hardly likely to say they hate it are they?

So that one vote for happy then? Ha

----------

I am with you though was just as concerned as you are before getting mine having dealt with awful screens on numerous iPads. The whole scuff gate with the new iPhone 5 all marked up out the box. Good luck!!

That's good to hear, I'm really nervous about getting mine today that's all!

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Im very happy with mine, it has a little bit of backlight bleed but it perfectly normal. So fast and runs cool. Whats not to like.

Is it a 21" it's odd I've not heard complaints of one bad panel on the 27" but seen a few threads on the 21". I wonder if different manufacturers were used between the two.

Chuckstones

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
Mine is a 21.5 base model.

The machine is a fantastic piece of kit. BUT just had to set up an advanced replacement with apple due to screen issues which I have mentioned in another thread! (Top of screen being pure white turning into yellow/off white as I scroll/read down the screen)
Tried to see if I could live with it for 1 week. But just cannot. Hence the exchange!!:eek:

aquaboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
UK
Well it came and no issues what so ever. Put me down for 'happy' ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355817584.166631.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355817602.100851.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355817615.450281.jpg

kaelell

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2009
there will always be more people motivated enough to post a bad experience , then someone who opens a product and gets exactly what was expected.

so seeing "lots of threads" about bad issues, doesn't mean much unless you put it into context. e.g is that 4 bad experiences offset by 100 good experiences? 1000? 1000000?

dryice589

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2012
Like others have said, people who complain are concentrated on forums. People don't generally make a new thread to say, "I love my new iMac!!!11!!" they make a thread when they have a small problem.

Any slight issue I have ever had with an Apple product, even cosmetic, has always been replaced no questions asked. You can always purchase it and return it within the designated time for a full refund, no questions asked.

aquaboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
UK
Yeah I agree, I think I started this topic because I was just nervous about getting my new iMac. Turns out I was panicking over nothing, it's faultless!

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
Forum polls on place like here always end up being the same. Trolls will vote HATE and actually users will vote LOVE. Pointless...

I8P'CS

Suspended
Jul 29, 2010
Do you not find it difficult to use edge on as per your pictures? :rolleyes: You could of course photograph it from the front just so that I can confirm it looks no different to the 2011 model. :eek:

That's the thing people need to take pictures from the side to show thats it's the 2012 version but you don't use the computer from the sides. It's basically a 2011 model with thinner edges and everyone keeps saying it nice, which it is, but they are talking about the sides, i'm talking about the front.

Apple has pulled a fast one again.

Tri-stan

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
If I ever end up ordering one of these machines once Apple gets production up and running and it turns up with any sort of back light bleed it is being returned straight away. I am no way paying out all of the money for a premium product and it having simple back light bleeding issues just now way. It should be an improvement over the u2711 not vise versa.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.