Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
I just want to backup my device or sync songs but it keeps copying apps back to itunes. I unchecked the box automatically sync new apps. I believe it used to do it on the old itunes but I'm sure I managed to stop it but since updating to the new itunes it keeps wanting to copy purchases over. Sometimes there's a warning about the purchases will be removed from my device if I don't copy them.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I just want to backup my device or sync songs but it keeps copying apps back to itunes. I unchecked the box automatically sync new apps. I believe it used to do it on the old itunes but I'm sure I managed to stop it but since updating to the new itunes it keeps wanting to copy purchases over. Sometimes there's a warning about the purchases will be removed from my device if I don't copy them.

I believe the setting is actually in iTunes itself, look for "transfer purchases." (I haven't really kicked the wheels on 11 yet so I'm not sure where they have this option).

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
I believe the setting is actually in iTunes itself, look for "transfer purchases." (I haven't really kicked the wheels on 11 yet so I'm not sure where they have this option).

I've had a look around itunes but not seeing an option for this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.