Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BenjiG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
My MacBook is a 10.5.8, I think it's 2008 but I don't know how to tell.

Basically, the casing is totally screwed, the front is falling off and I can't really close it anymore without a struggle. It makes weird noises like something's banging around inside it, and it's so noisy.

It's been dodgy for the past two years as well. The screen does a number of weird things and it probably freezes twice a day. My accounts eventually just stop working, and I have to make a new one which works fine for a while but then goes bad again.

But it still works, I'm writing on it now. It's quick when it's not having a tantrum, and it's actually reliable most of the time.

Anyway, I'm getting a new laptop in a couple of days. What do I do with this one? Ebay it? Sell it for parts? Throw it away?

nick9191

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Britain
I got £150 for a machine in not much better condition, was a late 2007 MacBook. Although it was around 2011 when I sold it.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
My MacBook is a 10.5.8, I think it's 2008 but I don't know how to tell.
Enter your serial number here to find specs for your model. 10.5.8 refers to the Leopard version of Mac OS X, which can run on many different models of Macs. It doesn't identify your Mac model.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
I'd go with eBay but be very clear about the condition, you don't want to have the go through resolution centre - ever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.