Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would re-anodize your iPhone 5 if you could?

• No, not worth the trouble / I don't care enough.

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Yes! I'd be willing to pay to have a service like that done.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Wouldn't pay for it myself, but I would take it for free!

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

iParis

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
If there was a way to do it, would you pay to get your iPhone re-anodized? I know a lot of you, myself included, don't mind the iPhone 5 blemishes and may even think of them as beauty marks and like how it makes the device look. But how are you going to feel in a year? How will your device look in a year? I don't know, but depending on the price I might pay to get my iPhone 5 looking like brand new if it's a year down the line and I know I won't be getting another iPhone for a year after that.

travis.hansen

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
If there was a way to do it, would you pay to get your iPhone re-anodized? I know a lot of you, myself included, don't mind the iPhone 5 blemishes and may even think of them as beauty marks and like how it makes the device look. But how are you going to feel in a year? How will your device look in a year? I don't know, but depending on the price I might pay to get my iPhone 5 looking like brand new if it's a year down the line and I know I won't be getting another iPhone for a year after that.

I looked into it after mine got all scuffed on the chamfered edge. I don't think it's at all possible to do. I couldn't stand mine so I polished the edge like in this video and it looks awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g92_17ZtH9Y

To answer your question though, if it were possible and reasonably priced, yes I would.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
I looked into it after mine got all scuffed on the chamfered edge. I don't think it's at all possible to do. I couldn't stand mine so I polished the edge like in this video and it looks awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g92_17ZtH9Y

To answer your question though, if it were possible and reasonably priced, yes I would.

Whoa, that's cool. I might end up doing that. So it's more of a silver polish finished instead of black? Sorry if I'm looking at the video the wrong way.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
If I had one and had to, yes. However, if I felt I had to after having the phone for less than 6 months, I may be slightly riffed.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Lol, if Apple really wanted to just make money they'd charge people $30 to re-anodize their iPhone 5. I'm sure they could find a way.

travis.hansen

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Whoa, that's cool. I might end up doing that. So it's more of a silver polish finished instead of black? Sorry if I'm looking at the video the wrong way.

There is a how to video that is linked in the annotations in that one. But basically you use high grit automotive sand paper to remove the remaining paint and shine up the bare aluminum underneath.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
This would be a good idea to come with AppleCare for iPhone and attract a lot more people to it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.