Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bozley0621

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
Do the tips of anyone else's fingers go raw after using the trackpad or the magic mouse all day? This is the reason that I want a regular mouse with buttons and a scroll wheel.

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
Even though I like the Magic Mouse, I went with the Trackpad for my 21.5" just because this way I'll have both and can use whichever one I like best.

I used the MM a lot with my 2007 MacBook, but since getting an Air, the trackpad on that is so good that I rarely use the MM any more. I think the same will happen with my iMac.

JSchwartz15

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2012
I really like the magic mouse, but I already owned it and a wireless keyboard so I went with the trackpad so that I have an option, and the wired, numerical keyboard because of the extra functionality when it comes to Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5

----------

Do the tips of anyone else's fingers go raw after using the trackpad or the magic mouse all day? This is the reason that I want a regular mouse with buttons and a scroll wheel.

Mine don't, and I've never heard that before. However, if it is a common problem, it's possible I don't notice it because I play guitar and my finger tips are already pretty worn in :)

CaptMike

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2012
Ordered with the trackpad

I'm not sure, after coming from a full size keyboard, that the supplied imac wireless keyboard will be too small or not.

Am an considering the Logitech 750 also after reviewing positive reviews

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
Whenever I play with the Macs in the Apple store I naturally grab a trackpad over the mouse. I use touch on my iphone, ipad, and a Toshiba laptop. It's a no brainer for me. I'm already 75% touchpad oriented now. The trackpad in the store feels natural already. Can't wait to learn the special gestures (is the middle finger involved? lol).

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
I feel like a mouse in synonymous with a desktop so I went with the Magic Mouse. Also, I really like the Mobee Magic Charger, which inductively charges it.

mack60

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2012
Germany
I've ordered my new IMac with a trackpad, but I own the magic mouse as well.
But I don't know witch one will be more comfortable.

metssuck

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2012
I have a Magic Mouse that I use with my MBP all of the time, so for me it was a no brainer, get another one and leave the current one at the office. I never understood why anyone would want a trackpad, I hate my trackpad on my MBP.

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
I have a Magic Mouse that I use with my MBP all of the time, so for me it was a no brainer, get another one and leave the current one at the office. I never understood why anyone would want a trackpad, I hate my trackpad on my MBP.

I guess that's why they make both.

AndiS.

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
I ordered mine with the Magic Mouse, and Apple was kind enough to offer me a free trackpad, due to a mistake they made when choosing the shipping speed. I thought that was very nice of them.

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
magic mouse but I should have gotten a track pad .. ive had both before but the magic mouse really sucks .. plus i have a razer mamba for gaming

aure28

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
I ordered the trackpad but they threw a mouse for free in the box without I ask for it! Just got delivered today. :)

Jonathanm1222

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2012
Yesterday I took the mouse which came with the iMac back to the Apple store and they swapped it for the trackpad no questions asked. All I needed was the receipt. I already have a Magic Mouse so I wanted something different.

KojiH

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
Magic mouse.

I hate trackpads with a vengeance. Even with my laptops I always carry a small mouse to use when at a desk.

I've used the apple wireless trackpad when I visit my parents house because that is what my father prefers but it has never grown on me.

The biggest thing about the Magic Mouse that could be improved is the battery life.

Hexley

Suspended
Jun 10, 2009
Trackpad cause I don't like Apple mice. Not enough buttons.

Other than that more iOS gestures are being incorporated into OS X and being a MBPro user since MacbookPro1,1 makes the Trackpad a natural extension for my use.

Kirkle

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2012
This thread should have a poll.

I never use track-pads, I hate track-pads, and I still went for the Apple track-pad over the Magic Mouse.

I'll keep the track-pad just for lazy browsing around (maybe, if I find I actually like using it), but all serious work still needs to be done with a mouse, and the Magic Mouse, is not a good mouse.

Now... finding a good mouse is a whole other issue. :(

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
When I order my iMac (which will be my first Mac) early next year I'll be choosing the Magic Mouse, but later on once I've get used to how things are done on the Mac I'm planning on ordering the Trackpad to see what its like. I've always used a mouse and with the Mac been a whole new thing to me, I want to start with using something that I'm familiar with.

I can imaging that I will keep both and flick between them depending on what I'm doing. My advice is, if you can afford the extra cost to get the iMac with the Magic Mouse and the Trackpad, then do this as you will then have the best of both. For me I need to prioritize what I'll be getting with the iMac, and the Trackpad isn't something I desperately need when I first get the iMac.

I've read a number of posts that mention that the Trackpad is good for none to precise control, but the Magic Mouse is better for fine stuff like photo editing, or moving the arrow onto small buttons etc, but that's just what I've read and not from personal experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.