Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released the fourth beta of iOS 6.1 to developers. The release has a build number of 10B5126b, versus 10B5117b for the third beta of iOS 6.1 that was released on December 3rd.

beta4.jpg
Apple also released beta 3 of the Apple TV software, as well as Xcode 4.6 Developer Preview 4. Registered developers can download the betas via Apple's Developer page or via Software Update on iOS devices with a previous iOS 6.1 Beta already installed.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth iOS 6.1 Beta to Developers

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Getting closer and closer. Even though its still a none-update feature wise i hope they fix majority or all of the bugs and do something about battery life.

EDIT: In before "Installing..." and "Downloading..."

Last edited:

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
6.1 for New Years...wishful thinking.

----------

Isn't it around this time when Apple start beta-testing next major iOS release?

Lol, no. That's in the spring/summer. They probably are beta testing, but not for developers yet.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Fix battery life and option for Google Maps as default before public release please!

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
Lol, no. That's in the spring/summer. They probably are beta testing, but not for developers yet.

Werd. Generally around WWDC is when they announce the new features and give it to developers.

----------

U guys think they'll ever add an option like

"Open with.."

Verse being forced to use apple maps, email, etc

Why bother. It doesn't benefit them in any way.

jmcgeejr

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2010
Seattle, WA
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Apple today released the fourth beta of iOS 6.1 to developers. The release has a build number of 10B5126b, versus 10B5117b for the third beta of iOS 6.1 that was released on December 3rd.

Apple also released beta 3 of the Apple TV software, as well as Xcode 4.6 Developer Preview 4. Registered developers can download the betas via Apple's Developer page or via Software Update on iOS devices with a previous iOS 6.1 Beta already installed.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth iOS 6.1 Beta to Developers

Really wondering what the appletv2 updates will include. I wish I could read minds...

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
I could certainly see Apple adding a "Default Apps" feature. They've already added the ability to select which app to open a document in when you tap on one. Default apps would be the next logical step.

Probably wouldn't be until a major update, like iOS 7, though.

IMPOSSIBLEMAN

macrumors regular
May 13, 2011
* Features I am now looking for are:

1) Default apps e.g. google maps for maps

2) More sharing option. I do not want to share using facebook/twitter only. How about flipboard/google+/dropbox/skydrive ...

shurcooL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
I really wish they would put all the default iOS apps in the App Store, and make it so that you can remove them (or at least hide from home screen, but keep accessible via Spotlight Search). Just like they already have it for iBooks, Find Friends, etc.

I would remove Stocks app, Compass app, etc., that I never use.

Another benefit would be the ability to download iPhone-only apps on iPad. Cuz right now, for example, you can't get the default iPhone Calculator and also Passbook on the iPad.

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
Change the ********** dock to match the Mountain Lion one, Apple.

Yes, please! And make Safari more consistent with the OS X Version (gray, combined search/address bar)

While they are at it, they could make some of the icons cleaner looking.

UKBeast

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2010
Turkey
All i need is better battery life, its just draining. it should last at least 2 days but i cant get to the end of 24hours.

boomersmech

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
San Diego, CA
Do you guys think iOS 6.1 will be released before the next WWDC? So freaking tired of WiFi not getting along with my Netgear router. :mad:

Seems like this theme of "My 'insert device name' doesn't work with my iPhone, when will a Apple fix it!?" has been going around since these devices were made, its sad people just don't learn to buy a $50 piece of hardware to replace the one that doesn't work rather than waiting for months (or ever) for Apple to not fix them because .... let me tell you which one is the issue hint: not your iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.