Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Change the ********** dock to match the Mountain Lion one, Apple.

That'll probably be saved for iOS 7. Along with new matte icons everywhere.

Right now it doesn't make much sense that new Apple apps like Maps, Passbook, Game Center and Reminders are all flat and matte while older apps like Phone, Messages, Safari and Photos are all round and glossy.

While I think that matte looks better, I'd rather have everything be glossy than have this kind of inconsistency.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I don't feel like I've ever seen so much attention to beta releases of a ".1" update.

Are we expecting anything feature-wise for 6.1?

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
Apple really needs to step on the accelerator in iOS development.

I'm not sure what they have been doing for the past year. I guess some of it has to do with conflicts with Scott Forstall and Internet service distractions (Siri and Maps). Now that Eddy Cue is in charge of those services, hopefully the iOS development team can focus more on the actual operating system.

cycomiko

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
All i need is better battery life, its just draining. it should last at least 2 days but i cant get to the end of 24hours.

My phone is lasting between 8 and 12hours... when it used to last 15-20

I had somebody ask me why their ipad suddenly started requiring daily charging...

the cause - they updated to ios6

fix the battery life apple

May 24, 2011
Seems like this theme of "My 'insert device name' doesn't work with my iPhone, when will a Apple fix it!?" has been going around since these devices were made, its sad people just don't learn to buy a $50 piece of hardware to replace the one that doesn't work rather than waiting for months (or ever) for Apple to not fix them because .... let me tell you which one is the issue hint: not your iPhone.

Considering there's a massive thread on the Apple support forums, I doubt it's people just being fussy.

And so you're telling me it's my fault that many of my Apple devices have issues with all 4 different routers I've tried over the last few months?

My 3G data is getting guzzled because I can't use WiFi half the time on my phone.
___
Anyway, back on topic, I thought it was going to launch by Christmas but I guess not. I'm thinking perhaps a January launch?

CGagnon

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2007
* Features I am now looking for are:

1) Default apps e.g. google maps for maps

2) More sharing option. I do not want to share using facebook/twitter only. How about flipboard/google+/dropbox/skydrive ...

This request is never going to get old... How about everyone just stops crying about Apple maps. It works brilliant.

mrzippy

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2003
Kent, UK
Modem version has been updated again in beta 4 on the iPhone 5.

Hopefully this further addresses the sticking on no service issue that was aledgy fixed in 6.0.1 but cerrtiany wasn't for me, my wife or many in Apples own forum.

6.1 beta 3 was first I tested and that did seem to fix the issue for me, modem gone from version 1.00.16 (ios 6/6.0.1) to 3.04.17 now.

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
I'm not sure what they have been doing for the past year. I guess some of it has to do with conflicts with Scott Forstall and Internet service distractions (Siri and Maps). Now that Eddy Cue is in charge of those services, hopefully the iOS development team can focus more on the actual operating system.

You viewpoint on iOS development will vary if you are the end user versus the developer. Developers, by and large, are happy with the new stuff of iOS 6. End users aren't into the gritty details and thus want UI features.

As for iOS 6.1 I'd love to see

Faster Stores - the new stores are slow to navigate IMO

More stability - I'm on an old iPhone 4 but there are too many crashes.

iCloud- push email please like MobileMe had...pretty please.

Better setup process- don't assume I want my iCloud account the same as Apple ID

iMessage- Stopped working on my Mac and can be flakey still on iOS. Fix

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
Seems like this theme of "My 'insert device name' doesn't work with my iPhone, when will a Apple fix it!?" has been going around since these devices were made, its sad people just don't learn to buy a $50 piece of hardware to replace the one that doesn't work rather than waiting for months (or ever) for Apple to not fix them because .... let me tell you which one is the issue hint: not your iPhone.

You are wrong and there is really no way around that fact. When you have a dozen devices and the new iPhone is the only thing having an issue only complete apple idiots would say "must be the router is bad". Apple really needs to hire somebody who understands wifi because its painfully obvious that they don't know what they are doing. Even OSX has its share if wifi issues.

wkp765

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2012
I hope they release this update quite soon and hopefully it activates the LTE in Scandinavia as well!

I bought my iPhone on the day of release and still... No LTE! My carrier does have LTE on their other capable devices, such as the Galaxy SIII, but it requires a software update to work over here. Bah!

Anyway, still waiting!

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
* Features I am now looking for are:

1) Default apps e.g. google maps for maps

2) More sharing option. I do not want to share using facebook/twitter only. How about flipboard/google+/dropbox/skydrive ...

You are never going to get Google Maps back as a default app....the sooner you accept this....the better! It's now an app you can download if you choose....will never be a default app again...Apple use Apple Maps,,,period

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
That'll probably be saved for iOS 7. Along with new matte icons everywhere.

Right now it doesn't make much sense that new Apple apps like Maps, Passbook, Game Center and Reminders are all flat and matte while older apps like Phone, Messages, Safari and Photos are all round and glossy.

While I think that matte looks better, I'd rather have everything be glossy than have this kind of inconsistency.

I don’t see that difference—both Safari and Maps are very matte, with small glossy details (Safari load bar, map pins.) Safari uses more color, but not more glossiness.

And Game Center is far from flat! It looks like a 1970s basement. And Reminders is less flat than most: paper and black leather textures.

Anyway... I agree that visual overhauls will await a more major update.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
You are wrong and there is really no way around that fact. When you have a dozen devices and the new iPhone is the only thing having an issue only complete apple idiots would say "must be the router is bad". Apple really needs to hire somebody who understands wifi because its painfully obvious that they don't know what they are doing. Even OSX has its share if wifi issues.

If two devices don’t work with each other, but they both work with OTHER devices (such as his iPhone working fine with other WiFi points) then only complete anti-Apple idiots would assume it HAS to be the iPhone and not his router at fault ;) The fault could lie anywhere. Pick ANY WiFi device and you’ll find people online posting with problems.

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
With the possible jailbreak scheduled the day after the end of the world, I think I'll hold off a few days to see if this update screws that up. Better safe than sorry.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
You viewpoint on iOS development will vary if you are the end user versus the developer. Developers, by and large, are happy with the new stuff of iOS 6.

You must not be talking about all the developers whose business has been absolutely destroyed by the new iOS 6 App Store app. Missing search results, invisible new apps, sideways scrolling forever to find apps by name? etc. etc. These developers are not happy campers at all :(

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
A lot of people are imploding from the lack of jbreaking available.:p

I guess, holy moly. For that to be among one of the first complaints....wow.

I'd go with battery maybe, or maybe a change in how notifications are shown, fine. But dock?

Giganova

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2010
My wishlist is short:

- Let me customize the dock!
- Get rid of the stupid "Stocks" apps.
- Merge the "Videos" and "Music" apps/icons. What are music videos?
- Animated background images would be beautiful!

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
You must not be talking about all the developers whose business has been absolutely destroyed by the new iOS 6 App Store app. Missing search results, invisible new apps, sideways scrolling forever to find apps by name? etc. etc. These developers are not happy campers at all :(

They are needles in the haystack. It's not Apple's job to do their marketing for them. If consumers are looking for your product they will find it via the store or a direct link on your website.

Try again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.