Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phoneinfo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Anyone have a problem with Exchange emails pushing to the iPhone 5? Emails with every account except Exchange pushes to my iphone 5. Exchange only works when I open the mail app manually.

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
Anyone have a problem with Exchange emails pushing to the iPhone 5? Emails with every account except Exchange pushes to my iphone 5. Exchange only works when I open the mail app manually.

Go to settings>mail, contacts, calendars>fetch new data>advance and check and see if your exchange account is set to push.

davehutch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Croxley, Herts

I have the opposite issue. My Exchange account has pushed several times to my iPhone even though it's specifically set to "Manual"

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Exchange push, except for Gmail for some reason, has been a problem since 6.0 and has been reported to be fixed in 6.1 but no one really knows. I'm having a problem since Saturday where adding Hotmail or Outlook.com via exchange is being setup as a standard Hotmail account but only on iOS 6. It doesn't allow the 2nd screen where the remote server is entered (m.hotmail.com). Instead it goes to the final screen for selecting the services you want like mail, calendar, contacts, reminders. Then if you open the mail app and go to the Mailboxes screen, it shows the Hotmail icon and not the Exchange icon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.