Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

khsjsilver

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2012
Princeton, NJ
I too would like know how this case works with a glass screen protector.

Also, can some explain the difference between the slate and the gunmetal? Is the slate a more bluish color? They look very similar to me.

Thanks.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I'm kinda bummed because I bought the Lime Green snow version and now they come out with the slim version of it. They did send a coupon for $7.77 off my next order so I may use it to get the slim. Still, I wish now I would have just waited. Lesson learned.

tsturbo

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2008

Also, can some explain the difference between the slate and the gunmetal? Is the slate a more bluish color? They look very similar to me.

Thanks.

I think the gun metal has a brown hue, the slate matches the slate color of the iPhone. I am thinking the soul black would be the bomb or possibly the red?...but I am a guy and don't want to give anyone the wrong impression:eek:

Is red for girls only?

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012

Thanks.

In the review of this case by iLounge, the case looks like it gives more than enough room for a glass screen protector. The lip of the case doesn't even touch the screen of the phone.

myfavoritePA

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
USA
I think the gun metal has a brown hue, the slate matches the slate color of the iPhone. I am thinking the soul black would be the bomb or possibly the red?...but I am a guy and don't want to give anyone the wrong impression:eek:

Is red for girls only?

Yeah, red causes an anaphylactic reaction when it comes into contact with a Y chromosome... :rolleyes:

tsturbo

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2008
All kidding aside, if you are a guy, would the red slim be a consideration with a black/slate iPhone 5?

alstrike

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2011
Spain
I´m about to buy one of these but I don´t know which one to get for my i5 (Black).

iphone_5_neo_hybrid_ex_metal-metal_slate_1.jpg

iphone_5_neo_hybrid_ex_metal-metal_blue_2.jpg

iphone_5_neo_hybrid_ex_slim_snow-lime_spigen.jpg

The metal slate looks amazing but the blue one is kinda growing on me. The
lime one looks really funky but maybe a bit "attention wh*re"...

spigen_neo_hybrid_ex_hero.jpg

myfavoritePA

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
USA
All kidding aside, if you are a guy, would the red slim be a consideration with a black/slate iPhone 5?

Bottom line: Get what you like.

But if you buy the red one only to obsess over if it might be making you look "girly" after you get it, then don't bother.

All kidding aside though, you will likely be much more content in life if you are more concerned with what YOU think of your decisions than what others think about them. I guarantee you that someone will always disagree with you, no matter what the stance.

But that's just my 2 cents. Don't pay too much attention to it (see above). :)

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
It looks like all of the colors are now listed on the Spigen website.

Now I need to decide between the Gunmetal and Metal Slate. Any opinons?

I have the Neo Hybrid EX in Gunmetal and the Linear EX in Metal Slate. The gunmetal is more of a bronze or light grey in direct light, and the metal slate is a bluish black that blends in nicely with the color of the black phone.

wandergirl

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2012
It looks like Spigen has taken the non-slim version of the Neo Hybrid off their website (at least I couldn't find it)...so the slim is now the only game in town.

jedi74

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
It looks like Spigen has taken the non-slim version of the Neo Hybrid off their website (at least I couldn't find it)...so the slim is now the only game in town.

i noticed this as well......

so i ordered the dante red one :)

dtshepherd

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2012
So after using the slim case for a few days, I find the bottom corners of the case slip off the edge of the phone. Anyone else having this problem? I love every other aspect of the case, but readjusting 20% of the time after I pull the phone out of my pocket is kind of annoying.

Any ideas?

I want a bumper and this one just seems rock solid. Those eBay ones fit more secure but wear out too quickly and scratch the bezel.

The upper part of the case doesn't have this issue, probably because the buttons help secure it

tsturbo

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2008
So after using the slim case for a few days, I find the bottom corners of the case slip off the edge of the phone. Anyone else having this problem? I love every other aspect of the case, but readjusting 20% of the time after I pull the phone out of my pocket is kind of annoying.

Any ideas?

I want a bumper and this one just seems rock solid. Those eBay ones fit more secure but wear out too quickly and scratch the bezel.

The upper part of the case doesn't have this issue, probably because the buttons help secure it
Hmmm, this is disappointing, I thought they addressed this issue. How "tight" are your pockets? Skinny jean tight or khaki relaxed?

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009

This is extremely disappointing as I experienced the same issue with my Neo's on the 4S. I was looking forward to possible switching to one of the Slim's after I tire of the Caze ThinEdge but after hearing this I have some reservations.

jedi74

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012

Any ideas?

i don't have this problem

lookn4wifi

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
I purchased the Gunmetal color. Overall I like this bumper case. It ships with a front Ultra-Clear screen shield, a 3-pc back shield (glossy over the glass and satin over the aluminum). It also includes three different color jelly home buttons.

I really like the front and back protectors this are included. To me the Ultra-Clear is like not having a screen shield installed at all.

This case is a snug fit 2-pc bumper. It can be a little challenging getting the outer band seated correctly, but not too difficult. It's got great lay-on-the-table protection both front and back. IMO the case looks great and allows the back of the phone to be seen. It also feels like the phone will fair well in a drop (haven't tested this) and I think I will be less likely to drop my phone with the extra grip on the edges this case provides.

One issue I have is the hole for the headphone jack doesn't accommodate some 3rd party jacks. Because of this, when I need to plug in other headphones or a cassette adapter in the car, I have to remove the case.

I carry my phone in my front pocket. On occasion when pulling the phone from my pocket the outer band has slipped from the inner band. When this occurs it requires a quick adjustment, insuring it's all in alignment.

DSC00011_zps1c5dfe31.jpg

DSC00009_zpsdf702b35.jpg

Last edited:

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Gunmetal goes well with silver.

img1299jpg2.jpg

----------

I purchased the Gunmetal color. Overall I like this bumper case. It ships with a front Ultra-Clear screen shield, a 3-pc back shield (glossy over the glass and satin over the aluminum). It also includes three different color jelly home buttons.

I really like the front and back protectors this are included. To me the Ultra-Clear is like not having a screen shield installed at all.

This case is a snug fit 2-pc bumper. It can be a little challenging getting the outer band seated correctly, but not too difficult. It's got great lay-on-the-table protection both front and back. IMO the case looks great and allows the back of the phone to be seen. It also feels like the phone will fair well in a drop (haven't tested this) and I think I will be less likely to drop my phone with the extra grip on the edges this case provides.

One issue I have is the hole for the headphone jack doesn't accommodate 3rd party jacks. Because of this, when I need to plug in other headphones or a cassette adapter in the car, I have to remove the case.

I carry my phone in my front pocket. On occasion when pulling the phone from my pocket the outer band has slipped from the inner band. When this occurs it requires a quick adjustment, insuring it's all in alignment.
Both my Sony behind the head and Seinheiser and Skullcandy sport buds work fine.

So yes, works with standard 3rd party headphone jacks.

lookn4wifi

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
Both my Sony behind the head and Seinheiser and Skullcandy sport buds work fine.

So yes, works with standard 3rd party headphone jacks.
Thank you for pointing that out. My Sennheiser HD 280 Pro's don't fit this case. I corrected my review to read "some".

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
PR
this has problems ??? i have the neo ex and when i put on my pants the case come out and i need to put the case again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.