Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dominicbavaro

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
UPS handles customs at their KY location. I know it seems strange, but it goes through Alaska without going through customs.

Okay friends I will miss you. My IMac will be delivered today, ordered November 30th, around 12:00 noon Eastern. After 24 hours layover in Narita (Tokyo) Japan, 14 hours in Anchorage, Alaska layovers and a nearly 24 hours layover in Louisville, KY, my Mac is in the UPS truck for delivery as promised 12/19/12. Originally it was from 12/24 tip 12/31. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting, things are moving, may you be lucky enough to get FEDEX instead of layover prone UPS. Happy Holidays.Miami, FL, United States
12/19/2012 1:37 A.M. Out For Delivery
Miami, FL, United States 12/18/2012 8:20 P.M. Departure Scan
12/18/2012 7:24 P.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 12/18/2012 5:15 P.M. Departure Scan
12/18/2012 9:32 A.M. Import Scan
12/18/2012 12:26 A.M. Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 12/17/2012 2:06 P.M. Departure Scan
12/17/2012 10:02 A.M. Arrival Scan
Narita, Japan 12/17/2012 9:41 P.M. Departure Scan
Narita, Japan 12/16/2012 9:28 P.M. Arrival Scan
Shanghai, China 12/16/2012 5:39 P.M. Departure Scan
Shanghai, China 12/14/2012 9:10 P.M. Export Scan
12/14/2012 6:00 P.M. Arrival Scan
12/14/2012 2:29 P.M. Departure Scan
12/14/2012 12:57 P.M. Origin Scan
China 12/14/2012 11:24 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Last edited:

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
Here's my log so far. Hope it is on a truck by now, but not showing yet! They say it will be delivered tomorrow! Long way from Kentucky to Southern California. They best get moving!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 70

oldgeezer

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2012
Maryland
The last scan I had was 12/15 Export scan still in Shanghai. Anyone else having this happen. It shipped 12/13. I've heard of late updates on packages but to still be sitting in shanghai for 4 days is ridiculous.
Mine has the exact same tracking info. It's been sitting in Shanghai since the 13th and is due in Baltimore on the 20th -- God willing!

echomango

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2012
Interesting. I never knew that. Mine also sat there all weekend.

In any case, mine was originally scheduled for the 24th-31st slot, then was scheduled for Wednesday 19th, and this morning it was updated to Tuesday 18th - tomorrow!

Guess I'll be in a Christmas morning mood tomorrow night :)

Great news Doc! I am especially interested to hear how you like it since as I remember we have the same build. I7, 680, 1tb fusion. Mine is not due for 3-4 days....

Whatsit

Suspended
Sep 21, 2012
Columbus, OH
We have liftoff! After sitting for 3.5 days in Kentucky, my iMac finally has a departure scan!

If you need me, I'll be sitting on my front porch with binoculars. :cool:

pauledgar

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
Confusing delivery times

Hi,
I ordered on 30th November (base 27inch with 1Tb Fusion Drive + Apple Care). Original delivery date was given as 3rd or 4th January. I then received notification last week that my order had shipped (on 14th December) and the delivery date moved to 22nd December. Since then, however, I've been unable to track the shipment on the websites mentioned on this forum and the delivery date has moved back to 3rd January.
I just received another email from Apple saying that my order has left Apple and the delivery time was updated to tomorrow (18th December). Only problem is that now the delivery date is back to 3rd January!! All very confusing & I've absolutely no idea when the thing is going to arrive!!
Is anyone else experiencing anything similar?

gwsmith

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
Mine came today a little before 10 AM Central time.

It's beautiful, but it's taking a long time to set up. I had some problems with Migration Assistant, which uses ethernet or wifi, from my 2010 Mac to the new one. I'm transferring 1 TB of data. Very very very slow.

I ended up backup up all my files to a FW 800 hard drive and deleting them from the old iMac. That left use 250ish GB data to transfer using MA. That was accomplished in about 2 hours. Now I'm copying from the HD to the new iMac via thunderbolt to firewire adapter. It's going pretty fast.

metssuck

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2012
We have liftoff! After sitting for 3.5 days in Kentucky, my iMac finally has a departure scan!

If you need me, I'll be sitting on my front porch with binoculars. :cool:

Mine too!!!

I'll be at work tomorrow, but my wife is still on maternity leave so I'll have her on the lookout for it!

iHarryNH

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Sherman Oaks, California USA
That;s all folks

FEDEX just delivered my thunderbolt/firewire adapter so I can start my data transfer. I can't believe Apple charges $29 for this; glad I got it free.
The iMac is so big and beautiful! My wife asked me why I ordered the 27 inch version; I told her that a bigger one wasn't available!

I will look in at this blog a couple more times; then, adios amigos.

For those still waiting; it's definitely worth the wait.

Harry

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
Finally left kentucky

Well it finally left KY at 4 p.m. local time. Speeding it's way to SoCal. So I have a long days wait tomorrow. Typically UPS doesn't deliver to my house until close to 8 p.m. My last package was even past that, which I think is their cutoff time, normally. Fedex, on the other hand, usually delivers early in the day, so I have plenty of time to play with my new toys.

In fact, if I don't keep my eyes peeled on the front street UPS has been known to drive on with barely a tap on the door EVEN WHEN I AM HOME. I too, hate UPS! But on the other hand there is the condition of the packages when they arrive! USUALLY IN CRUSHED BOXES! (Did I mention I don't care for UPS much?)

MacCruiZe

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
I ordered on nov 30, approx, 6pm cst. Although my status shows still "processing order",,, we got a credit card charge. I'm guessing delivery is gonna within day or so now!?? My config is basically ;

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8gb ram
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G
Trackpad

I hope so because I order the exact same configuration about two hours before you. I was guessing tomorrow or Tuesday based on the shipping pattern so far

Yes ! Identical config for me too! 3:25pm EST (just a bit before you guys :D ) Same deal, CC charged (showed up sunday before noon) - order processing now...

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
FEDEX just delivered my thunderbolt/firewire adapter so I can start my data transfer. I can't believe Apple charges $29 for this; glad I got it free.
The iMac is so big and beautiful! My wife asked me why I ordered the 27 inch version; I told her that a bigger one wasn't available!

I will look in at this blog a couple more times; then, adios amigos.

For those still waiting; it's definitely worth the wait.

Harry

Enjoy! Lucky dog!

SubaLou

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
UPDATE;; Somewhere between 4pm cst and now...my order status changed from processing to ''preparing for shmpt"...just an FYI. Whoohooo I ordered Nov 30, 6pm cst with a BTO.

noahc

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2005
Well its here and its awesome! For all of those of you still waiting, I thought this picture might make you smile in anticipation of what is coming - the UPS man carrying my iMac up the stairs into my house:

PhotoDec17152327_zpse8cc3b32.jpg

Now time to start the data migration!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.