Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krravi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 30, 2010
How common is the issue of the keyboard leaving imprints on the screen? Does it happen by default or for people who put pressure on the top of the MBA while carrying etc?

I saw some products like a soft mat to put on top of the keyboard when the laptop is closed but was wondering if its just a fad or a necessity.

mankar4

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2007
USA
Depends on whether or not you want imprints on your screen. If you don't, then buy one of those mat things or don't shut the lid often.

I have a 13" mba and a 13"rmbp without a mat, and never get screen imprints on either. But I've seen others' MBA's with pretty severe imprints. I wonder what the difference is.

-Concept-

macrumors member
Same, no imprints on mine either. Probably a slight error during the mass production of these machines. Btw, krravi, do you mean the keys are leaving letter imprints on your screen, or the imprint of the actual keyboard is showing up on your screen?

krravi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 30, 2010
Same, no imprints on mine either. Probably a slight error during the mass production of these machines. Btw, krravi, do you mean the keys are leaving letter imprints on your screen, or the imprint of the actual keyboard is showing up on your screen?

No I am just wondering how prevalent this issue is of the keyboard imprints on the screen.

I believe the computer has been carefully designed for tolerances and yet we see reports of a few who have had keyboard imprints on their screens.

Were they pressing or holding the computer too tight when it was closed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.