Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanielYilmaz

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
All ive seen is threads about bad back lighting dead pixels hard drives failing and damaged aluminium !

Just wanted to ask if anyone has there iMac in perfect condition no damages or anything particularly the 27" ? !!!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
My BTO 21" is perfect too. Don't believe everything you read. I also have a flawless iPhone 5 (had it since launch day and still not a mark on it). I fact everything in my signature was purchased in mint condition and still is.

rainbowsofwhite

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
The one or two people who are unhappy will post endless negativity.
The thousands who are happy are too busy enjoying their purchase! ;)

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
It's very difficult to buy an IPS display without backlight bleed, yellow/green tinting or dead/stuck pixels.

In fact most companies don't offer replacements for a few dead/stuck pixels, with the exception of Dell with their Ultra-sharp monitors. Even they don't usually send replacements for yellow tinting or backlight bleed though.

I know that because I bought a Dell Monitor a while back, and because it had yellow tint, I sent it back, they sent me a new one, still had some tinting but less, so I got a refund in the end.

Basically, no matter what display you go for, It'll be tough to find something perfect. But the displays on the iMacs are beautiful, and I think you'll be happy with it as I am..

Apart from that you won't see any damage on the enclosure etc..

Ryan.Tanner

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
McKinney, TX
All ive seen is threads about bad back lighting dead pixels hard drives failing and damaged aluminium !

Just wanted to ask if anyone has there iMac in perfect condition no damages or anything particularly the 27" ? !!!

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. That is important to remember for internet forums. The only people that post on forums are the happy-obsessive, and the angry-obsessive. Currently, the happy-obsessive are playing on their new iMac's; the angry-obsessive are commenting here. I say commenting (not complaining) because they have every right to be upset when their $2,000 piece of hardware isn't 100%.

flyinghoop

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2012
Northern CA
Mine's better than perfect

I got my maxed 27" on Saturday Dec 15. Originally scheduled for Dec 24-31. I'm coming from an early 2009 24" iMac and I have to say that the 27" screen is the best I've ever seen. The glare and reflections are almost non-existent, way better than the old matte screens, in my opinion. The 3TB Fusion drive is also amazing. Final Cut Pro seems to do background renders nearly instantaneously. Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, all just open when you click their icons, no bouncing off the dock for what now seems like minutes on the old 09 iMac. I don't do games, but the 680MX with 2GB makes Photoshop (and Final Cut) just work. And I don't know how it's possible, but sitting square in front of this new iMac, I can still tell it's only 5mm on the edges. Actually it seems like it's just a piece of glass floating off the desk (okay, with an aluminum chin). It's been running since I got it around 1pm on Sat and the back is still cool to the touch, everywhere. I can't find any warm spots anywhere. Amazing.
So yeah, I'm pretty happy.

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
My maxed out BTO 21.5" iMac is 100%. I would hazard to guess that 95% of all iMacs are probably fine.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
My 27 inch iMac arrived. Just opened it. It's got 2 small marks on aluminum. The side one doesn't bother me. But the other one is on top of the iSight camera and I will look at it almost every time I use the iMac.

Going to call apple support when I put the kids down for the night. Will want to exchange it.

Gaelic2

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2007
Mountains of N. California
I've had Apples, iMacs, Macs, iPods and iPads and I have never had anything wrong with them on delivery. Forget the few who post all their problems. The rest of us are enjoying our iMacs and not complaining, and we are the majority. There are also those who like to churn this forum to see their names. I guess it's the 5 minutes of fame thing.
Most complaints posted are probably legitimate and it can happen to any of us, but not as often as you may see here. Apple has good quality control.

BSoares

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
USA
Most people only post issues, not satisfactions. So you'll naturally see more complaints. I got mine today and have used it for a few hours. Seems perfect to me, gotta use it longer to know for sure but no issues so far. Speakers seem very clear but lack the bass my early 2009 had. I don't listen to music often on the iMac so don't really care the sound took a step back if you like low frequencies.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
The dead pixel thread assuming youre talking about mine, its actually fine. Perfect actually. It was Preview causing it.

aprofetto8

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
You read it here. (points to internet)

You think it here. (points to head)

You see it here. (points to computer)

*read in Gloria Pritchard's voice*

ViperDesign

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Utah
I don't worry about screen bleeding, I changed out the RAM, plugged it in, and started working on it.

I think some people worry too much about crap that won't affect them.

I don't turn on my mac to look for trouble, I turn on my mac to use it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.