Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dragontail275

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
Seattle
Hello,

I looked around the web and this site and couldn't find an answer to my problem, probably because it's not terribly important, just annoying.

I installed Android File Transfer so that I can load music on to my new Kindle Fire. After doing so, my Applications "stack" on my dock was taken over by an image of a droid. I'd like to remove but haven't figured out how.

Has anyone ever seen this? Am I missing the really obvious way to get rid of it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-17 at 5.00.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-17 at 5.00.59 PM.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 349

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I looked around the web and this site and couldn't find an answer to my problem, probably because it's not terribly important, just annoying.

I installed Android File Transfer so that I can load music on to my new Kindle Fire. After doing so, my Applications "stack" on my dock was taken over by an image of a droid. I'd like to remove but haven't figured out how.
Right-click on the icon, Display as: Folder.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I get that, I was just wondering if it's possible to remove it from the stack version of the folder. It seems odd, I have plenty of applications downloaded and none of them do anything like that.
If you view the folder as a stack, it shows the icons in alphabetical order, with Android on top. You don't see the others because they're lower in the alphabet.

Dragontail275

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
Seattle
If you view the folder as a stack, it shows the icons in alphabetical order, with Android on top. You don't see the others because they're lower in the alphabet.

Ha, I'm dumb. Thanks, don't know why that hadn't occurred to me. Clearly I haven't been a Mac for very long.

Johnny Alien

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2012
I get that, I was just wondering if it's possible to remove it from the stack version of the folder. It seems odd, I have plenty of applications downloaded and none of them do anything like that.

Actually you do. The icon behind the Android is the App Store icon which is an application in your stack and the next in line alphabetically. Before you added the Android app it was probably the icon being displayed up front and you didn't realize that it was an icon for the app not the stack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.