Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Hi,
Getting a MBAir. Want to run Windows. Will use Bootcamp since my use will be limited to some baseball games I cant' run on a Mac.
does it matter whether I use Win 7 or 8?? Should I stay away from one or the other.
thx.
Is installing one or the other pretty straight foreword????
Thx.
Frank

monkeybagel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
United States
Hi,
Getting a MBAir. Want to run Windows. Will use Bootcamp since my use will be limited to some baseball games I cant' run on a Mac.
does it matter whether I use Win 7 or 8?? Should I stay away from one or the other.
thx.
Is installing one or the other pretty straight foreword????
Thx.
Frank

Use 7. Avoid 8.

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
I had many issues installing 8 on my MacBook Pro, however those issues seem to be limited to that model. A friend of mine had no issues installing 8 off a USB in his 2011 MBA so I doubt you'll have any issues. Just go with the version you prefer...

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
I would personally go Windows 8, some of the multi-tasking features are really useful. An example is you can do everything you'd want on a desktop, and on the side you can dock Netflix, E-Mail, Messenger etc for example:

screenshot2bd.png

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
I would personally go Windows 8, some of the multi-tasking features are really useful. An example is you can do everything you'd want on a desktop, and on the side you can dock Netflix, E-Mail, Messenger etc for example:

I can do that in 7 by resizing windows.

In fact, even better, i can have multiple windows on each edge of the screen.

JoeyPalmer

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2012
I also had this question in my mind that whether I should go for windows 7 or 8 on my mac.

I'm already using Windows 7 on my windows based laptop, and was thinking to dual boot with windows 8.

But on my mac, I was not sure which OS to choose from. Many here have voted for windows 7.

Anyways i'll be discussing it with my friend as well (who is a tech guy) and will wait for some more suggestions here.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Go with whichever is the cheapest.

If that's Windows 8, go for that. If your not spending lots of time in the OS and only playing games, what does it matter if Metro and the new start menu are not to everyone's taste.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.