Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glasgood

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
Hi,

Can anyone help.

I purchased my Mac Mini 2012 online in my University. I did not choose to take the AppleCare Protection Plan Uplift. My Mac Mini 2012 arrived and then 3 weeks later I received my AppleCare Protection Plan Certificate by post.

Now I thought my Mac Mini 2012 only had 1 year standard AppleCare, but the coverage clearly shows that my Mac Mini has 3 years AppleCare. I have checked out the serial number online and it further confirms the 3 years AppleCare.

On the AppleCare Protection Plan Certificate it says " Thank you for purchasing the AppleCare Protection Plan. To my knowledge I never purchased any additional coverage.

Does anyone know if 3 years AppleCare is included as standard for HE purchases?

Thanks

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
Yes, I got the same thing with an Academic purchase.

No need to worry about something of value that you've been given for free!

danbeckemeyer

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
As an HE employee, this is good to know. :cool: But did you purchase through the Apple website with the university identifier or was it specifically through your college's website?

glasgood

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.

I made the purchase through Apple's website with the university identifier for my University. That's an added bonus then, I got 3 years AppleCare when I thought it was only the standard 1 year.

Happy Days :)

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
HE online store purchases come with 3 year hardware warranties and 90 day telephone support.

There is an option when purchasing to buy "AppleCare" telephone support. This obviously costs less than AppleCare outside of the HE store as its only to cover the additional cost of the phone support for the 3 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.