Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gazzazh

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Hi guys,

I ordered my mac on 30 NOV, expected delivery 2-3 week, 20-26 Dec. and till today my status is item processing.. anyone else in my shoes??:(

MuSiCh4Film

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2012
Paris, France
Hi guys,

I ordered my mac on 30 NOV, expected delivery 2-3 week, 20-26 Dec. and till today my status is item processing.. anyone else in my shoes??:(

Bought my 27" iMac through Apple's AE (Dubai) Online Store:

Processing Items
Ships: 3 - 4 Weeks
Delivers 27 Dec, 2012 - 06 Jan, 2013

Qty: 1
27-inch iMac

Configuration
3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD-Z
KEYNOTE PREINSTALLED
Apple WL Kybd

(Planning on bringing it back with me to Paris when i visit.)

Still no movement. no change. I've called em but they say they can't do anything and that it'll be delivered in the expected time.

gazzazh

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Bought my 27" iMac through Apple's AE (Dubai) Online Store:

Processing Items
Ships: 3 - 4 Weeks
Delivers 27 Dec, 2012 - 06 Jan, 2013

Qty: 1
27-inch iMac

Configuration
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
MAGIC TRACKPAD-Z
KEYNOTE PREINSTALLED
Apple WL Kybd

(Planning on bringing it back with me to Paris when i visit.)

Still no movement. no change. I've called em but they say they can't do anything and that it'll be delivered in the expected time.

HI MuSiCh4Film, this is really wired, everyone is getting them, an no change for us?? i called them several times, and i am getting the same answer every time, they will be delivered in the expected time?? I ordered the same specs you have.. the waiting is killing me ..

MuSiCh4Film

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2012
Paris, France
HI MuSiCh4Film, this is really wired, everyone is getting them, an no change for us?? i called them several times, and i am getting the same answer every time, they will be delivered in the expected time?? I ordered the same specs you have.. the waiting is killing me ..

I'm more worried now since you bought yours on Nov 30 and have no update.

gazzazh

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
I'm more worried now since you bought yours on Nov 30 and have no update.

i would too.. i mean it makes no sense at all.. the thing is, i called them several times, and the answer is always the same.. " it will be delivered as stated 20-26 DEC" well its the 18th today.. and still no change in status.. i calculated that according to their 2-3 weeks, the maximum date that they have to ship the imac is the 21st.. which is the last day of the 3rd week shipping date.. I will wait and see. I called Istyle today, and they said they wont have the iMacs before jan.. makes you wonder.. i guess UAE is not important to apple.... i really don't understand... but a least i am not alone.. lets see, if anyone else contributes to this thread.... there has to be others.. :(

Bintje

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
You are not alone. I ordered on 30 nov. too but got a 2-7 jan. date. So for me they are not too late, but for you it gets closer...

gazzazh

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
You are not alone. I ordered on 30 nov. too but got a 2-7 jan. date. So for me they are not too late, but for you it gets closer...

HI Bintje, its really great to have you guys contribute to this thread, at least now we will know whats going on.. lets see if the status change and report back here.. best of luck to you.. hope we get them soon.. i will keep you posted..

MuSiCh4Film

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2012
Paris, France
I was talking to a friend who was trying to get something shipped to Dubai and France by UPS, FedEx, etc. from China.

Turned out that it's cheaper to ship something to France (or US) than to ship it to the UAE. So that undoubtedly has something to do with our shipments.

Last edited:

Bintje

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
HI Bintje, its really great to have you guys contribute to this thread, at least now we will know whats going on.. lets see if the status change and report back here.. best of luck to you.. hope we get them soon.. i will keep you posted..

Thanks, let's hope it will change soon...

gazzazh

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
just woke up.... went to the store.. and guess what... Still Processing.. Its is the 19th today .. my delivery was supposed to be set for tomorrow.. and still fXXX processing ..... I Guess they will go for the 26 DEC... Not sure .. WIll keep you updated... Cheers

Rocafella

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2012
Apple ae s**ks

I ordered mine on 1st of December still processing 27" BTO 3.4 1tb fusion 8gb ram 2gb, apple store UAE I reckon is the weakest store, just from 14 of December they started selling iPhones and new iPads, no point on calling they won't help you even if they can :confused:, BTW istyle, jumbo, virgin and almost every electronic shop is selling the new 21.5 iMacs, the 27" will be available in January.

ramraid

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2008
Dubai, UAE
I also ordered on the 30th Nov

Delivery from 20th to 26th December

Still stuck on processing :(

I called a couple of times to follow up, but no luck in speeding things up.

I think they are giving priority to regions that close down for Christmas. UAE has no holiday, so I guess and hope they will ship next week, as per the original schedule.

gazzazh

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Called apple support , and was told the latest day for delivery is 26dec for my order. She was really helpful and said she will send an email to logistics to speed up the process. She told me just wait for 24 hours. So I guess things will start moving tomorrow. Lets wait and see

----------

I also ordered on the 30th Nov

Delivery from 20th to 26th December

Still stuck on processing :(

I called a couple of times to follow up, but no luck in speeding things up.

I think they are giving priority to regions that close down for Christmas. UAE has no holiday, so I guess and hope they will ship next week, as per the original schedule.

Hi ramraid, what are the spec for your imac ?

ramraid

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2008
Dubai, UAE
Called apple support , and was told the latest day for delivery is 26dec for my order. She was really helpful and said she will send an email to logistics to speed up the process. She told me just wait for 24 hours. So I guess things will start moving tomorrow. Lets wait and see

----------

Hi ramraid, what are the spec for your imac ?

16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
768GB Flash Storage
MAGIC TRACKPAD-Z
Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-ZL
COUNTRY KIT-AE

gazzazh

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
goooooooooooooooooo newsssssssss... my imac is preparing for shipment.. OMG... Cant believe this .. status actually changed.. There is hope after all :):):):):):):):):):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

gazzazh

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Mine has also just changed to Preparing for Shipment :D

Glad to hear.. They will be coming together then.. At least they wont feel lonely ..lol.. I can see you went full throttle with the flash storage..... i wanted to go the same way.. but could not find the right reason to pay that much for it.. i am sure it will preform great.. lets hope it gets shipped tom.

:)

Rocafella

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2012
Woooohooooo

Mine also changed for preparing for shipment I ordered it on 1st of December, I can't believe it, we should have a group hug :D woooosaaaaah

MuSiCh4Film

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2012
Paris, France
Me too!!

It's "Preparing for Shipment"! Very happy! :)

(But at the same time feeling a little greedy. A lot of people on this forum got free stuff.)

:p Anywho, at least I'll have my first Apple product (let alone iMac) soon.

gazzazh

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Good morning guys, let hope the status changes today to shipped.... the is the first time in my life that i had to wait for a new imac for 8 month now.. its crazy.. hope its worth the wait..cheers:cool:

ramraid

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2008
Dubai, UAE
Mine just shipped :D

Edit: but expected delivery date is now the 30th Dec! Does it really take 10 days to ship something via DHL to Dubai from China?

Last edited:

Rocafella

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2012
Good news guys, it's shipped via DHL express, and with my past experience when buying from apple ae shipping with DHL takes 2-3 days so we should receive it 22 or 23 December I think :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.