Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
Should I get my iPhone 5 colored by colorware/anostyle? Money isn't really an issue, but I'd get this one :3

No offense, but
1341383369808.gif

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
Personally, i love black and gold together.

And as long as you understand what you're getting into, and have read all of the fine print, go for it!

I thought about colorware before, but i was always worried the paint wouldnt stand up to daily usage.

g0odfr1end102

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2010
Montreal, Canada
I find it is kind of hard to judge by looking at a picture. If I were to do this, I want to see live samples.

*BUT* in absence of real samples, am in the camp of... trust Apple's taste. I have a 4s, I think it's the most beautiful gadget ever, and of course am not going to cover it with bumper/case, it's naked, and radiates its beautiful lines, it reminds of the Monolith on Space 2010.

But OK some people don't want to have the same thing as a few million others, so a little customization, perfectly reasonable. If I ever to that, I would engrave my last name in script on the outer metal band and leave it silver and not do anything to both glasses as they are perfect as is.

For the 5, I really have no opinion. There was a reason when given the choice, I picked the 4s over the 5 despite all the advancement, A6 blah-blah.

Did you seriously compare the iPhone 4S with Kubrick's metaphor for a cinema screen?

You rock :D

----------

No offense, but

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
How is changing the color of your phone "gangsta'?:D

Because the OP is thinking a GOLD?

Whatever happened to those premium cell phone brands? They modify the original phone with diamonds and charge you $25,000... and yes you have to replace it after it becomes obsolete in 18 months.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
Because the OP is thinking a GOLD?

Whatever happened to those premium cell phone brands? They modify the original phone with diamonds and charge you $25,000... and yes you have to replace it after it becomes obsolete in 18 months.

Theres always Vertu. Those were 3 years obsolete the day you buy it.

At least you can set it on fire i guess.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
It may become obsolete when the iPhone 6 comes out but would sell for more since it has special paint on it :D

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
I don't think gold and black compliment each other, in my opinion it needs to be a different color, if the iPhone had the white glass then it would look better gold

Please... Black and gold look way better than white and gold.

I think you should do it!!!

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
Go for it homie. Ive always wanted to do it, but I need that warranty. but now that the iPhone 5 comes in all black, i have no need anymore.

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
It may become obsolete when the iPhone 6 comes out but would sell for more since it has special paint on it :D

Uh, i'm not sure that is true. You'd basically limit your buyers from thousands to a handful who have the same taste as you. Plus i'd be skeptical if it was some sort of a knock of seeing gold paint on it...

Save your money and donate it to charity instead.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
THIS X 100. Why in the world would you pay for someone to basically make your iphone look gangsta? Matter of fact if someone did that to my phone for free i'd be pissed.

Beyond the wildly confusing use of the word "gangsta" have you considered that maybe people have different tastes than you? I had a black iPod 3 years before Apple started selling them and a ton of people bought the original iMacs in a variety of colors.

----------

Uh, i'm not sure that is true. You'd basically limit your buyers from thousands to a handful who have the same taste as you. Plus i'd be skeptical if it was some sort of a knock of seeing gold paint on it...

Save your money and donate it to charity instead.

Amazing as it is there are many people that couldn't care less about resale value, I've never resold an electronic device in my life. I'm sure you don't really need a high end phone either, you should probably sell it and donate the money to charity.

satchow

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2011
I wouldn't do it personally, but if I were to do it I wouldn't get it in gold. Gold reminds me of the 90s, and while I loved the 90s, that was 20 years ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.