Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haveaniceday91

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
Syncing my ipad (3rd gen) over itunes 11 is taking an absurdly long time. I'm only trying to sync about add 60 songs and it's going at a rate of about 1 song every 30 seconds or so. Evan if each song is 10mb, that's .3mb/s transfer rate. Ain't nobody got time for that. I'm using the stock ipad cable with a usb 2 port. Approximately same speed of sync with wifi. Anyone else having this issue?

thebignewt

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011
Syncing my ipad (3rd gen) over itunes 11 is taking an absurdly long time. I'm only trying to sync about add 60 songs and it's going at a rate of about 1 song every 30 seconds or so. Evan if each song is 10mb, that's .3mb/s transfer rate. Ain't nobody got time for that. I'm using the stock ipad cable with a usb 2 port. Approximately same speed of sync with wifi. Anyone else having this issue?

Oh you got time for that, sure you do!:D Maybe it'll pick up once it sees your device once. My songs drag and drop to my old iPod really fast same as always.

grilledsunrise

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2012
I am suffering from this problem too. I synced two albums totaling 36 songs/215MB. I didn't time it with a stopwatch but syncing a new album with iTunes 10 would take maybe 5-10 seconds an album. With iTunes 11 it takes maybe 5-10 seconds a song. Same iPod Touch 5th gen.

grilledsunrise

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2012
New discovery, iTunes 11 is putting a 8-10 second gap between each track while playing back music from my iPod Touch. I'm doing this from a computer that does not have my music library on it.

surf4peace

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2007
U.S.A.
Very slow sync on iPods as well

Having to do a restore on my iPod classic. I'm converting all songs to 128 kbps for over 18K songs. Usually it can be done overnight. This time it's hanging and never completing. I've checked the health of the drive and it seems fine. I have reason to believe the conversion option is causing the hangup as others have implicated it as well...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.