Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aaronneil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
My iPhone 5 is bent. I just purchased it 3 hours ago noticed that there is something wrong when i'm look at it. I just noticed the bent when I arrived home. Will go back to the store tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,025

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
Yes, Apple chose to use a low grade 6061 non-tempered AI-light, soft, easily milled. That unit looks to be bent during production. Take it back.

S

syd430

in before the "you must of sat on it on the way home from the Apple store" post.

Davejprince

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2012
The Netherlands
Bring it back to Apple.
If they aren't up for a replacement model you should sue them.
And if you have received it without a problem and it bend under any circumstance it is your fault.
Altough I do always believe the OP you should bring it back and blame them for the production fault.

Dave,

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Bring it back to Apple.
If they aren't up for a replacement model you should sue them.
And if you have received it without a problem and it bend under any circumstance it is your fault.
Altough I do always believe the OP you should bring it back and blame them for the production fault.

Dave,

I look forward to the day when companies start returning the favor and suing idiots who break their phone and try and get it repaired for free.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
To all the typical Apple haters at the beginning of the thread, stop it. Seriously. Stop regurgitating the same crap over and over that has no factual basis. This case is completely different than all the other bent phone threads.

This is 3 hours after purchase and it's not even bent at the normal spot everyone else's is. This appears to be bent almost exactly at the halfway mark. This is clearly not the users fault if it came out of the box that way (assuming the OP is telling the whole truth). OP, I would take it back today before you lose any credibility with the store. If nothing else, call and start a claim with apple letting them know that you noticed it this early and it was not your fault.

Aaronneil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
The store was closed last night.. I'm in asia. I'm now headed to the store. Let's see what they'll say.

----------

Here's a side by side with the 4. It's not that noticable until you look closely in the middle there's a slight bent

Aaronneil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
Globe telecoms replaced my unit after seeing it. They said good thing I was able to see it since it's not noticable if you just look at it.

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
You should be praising Apple! Their super computer assembly line picked out the perfect matching back (they have 725 versions) to the gentle curve of your "custom" iPhone 5. that is genius I tell you, fits like a glove. :D

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012
My iPhone 5 is bent. I just purchased it 3 hours ago noticed that there is something wrong when i'm look at it. I just noticed the bent when I arrived home. Will go back to the store tomorrow.

It's not bent, you're just holding it wrong.

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
This curvature is normal, Apple is now producing them as such to streamline the natural shape of the human face...

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
The first thing I do when I buy my iphone was to test it if it was not bend.

You need to check this before you leave the store with your new iphone 5.

I am sure they will give you a new one, but if you are buying a new iphone 5 check this first.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
The first thing I do when I buy my iphone was to test it if it was not bend.

You need to check this before you leave the store with your new iphone 5.

I am sure they will give you a new one, but if you are buying a new iphone 5 check this first.

Huh? You want to test if it will bend?? Just put it your back pocket and sit on it for awhile. If it's straight you have a good one. :rolleyes:

unagimiyagi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
Even if this person sat with the phone in their pocket and it bent, still take it back to Apple. This is normal use.
Why? B/c I've never paid attention to how I need to sit with a phone before this one, so why should the iphone 5 be any different? Let alone the single most expensive phone on the market, which the manufacturer itself willingly touts as being superior?

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Even if this person sat with the phone in their pocket and it bent, still take it back to Apple. This is normal use.
Why? B/c I've never paid attention to how I need to sit with a phone before this one, so why should the iphone 5 be any different? Let alone the single most expensive phone on the market, which the manufacturer itself willingly touts as being superior?

Because putting 150, 180, 200 + lbs on top of a phone is not normal use, no matter how many people do it. That is not how you treat little electronic devices who's main feature is a glass screen. Hell, that's not how I would treat my little iPod shuffle either. The only thing that ever goes in my back pocket is my wallet.

Aaronneil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
Nonsensical post makes no sense. Do you have some sort of super vision?

Glad they replaced it for you without any issues.

- Haha yes, the customer service lady told me good thing I am OC when it comes to these things. I said yes i am, specially wen it comes to gadgets. I love to compare them and look at them all the time. Lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.