Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

awb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Stopped by the Verizon store yesterday and asked how to pause my service without deactivating my sim - I have heard the horror stories. I was told all I had to do was remove my credit card info that I had entered for Verizon and that way they cannot auto-renew my account. He also assurred me that this store had a good supply of new sim cards. I forgot to ask the cost if I ever needed one.

Has anyone used this method? Did it work? It seems so simple.

Sorry if this has been posted before. I have searched for solutions to this problem and I had never found this as the answer here or on any other forum.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
Stopped by the Verizon store yesterday and asked how to pause my service without deactivating my sim - I have heard the horror stories. I was told all I had to do was remove my credit card info that I had entered for Verizon and that way they cannot auto-renew my account. He also assurred me that this store had a good supply of new sim cards. I forgot to ask the cost if I ever needed one.

Has anyone used this method? Did it work? It seems so simple.

Sorry if this has been posted before. I have searched for solutions to this problem and I had never found this as the answer here or on any other forum.

I have not used the method, but have heard that all you have to do is select "cancel later" on the ipad account screen and this will stop the auto renewal. Keep in mind that if the account is not reactivated within 5 months, the SIM will be cancelled and you'll need a new sim. You'll then be pressured by the annoying Verizon sales people to sign up for a post-paid account and probably be told that they don't have any prepaid sims available.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.