Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Hmmm, chocolates ... But with haselnuts.

Just for the record, there is no Maya connection for hazelnuts.

What's next?

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies? Rivers and seas boiling? Forty years of darkness? Earthquakes, volcanoes... ? The dead rising from the grave? Human sacrifice? dogs and cats living together? mass hysteria?

B

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Just for the record, there is no Maya connection for hazelnuts.

What's next?

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies? Rivers and seas boiling? Forty years of darkness? Earthquakes, volcanoes... ? The dead rising from the grave? Human sacrifice? dogs and cats living together? mass hysteria?

B
Maya and no hazelnuts; nothing good can come out of it ... That's why they are gone. :cool:

Walking dead would create a certain feeling of the end of the world. And as far as I remember most people feel very uncomfortable with lots of snakes around them; I would.

Last edited:

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Why do the dead always walk? I know they don't take the bus because they don't have spare change, and they don't drive because their licenses expired when they did, but can't they skip or ride bikes?

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
... but can't they skip or ride bikes?

I think they avoid skipping because body parts would fall off. I also suspect a lacky of muscular coordination, or even muscles, may contribute to being less lively.

As to not riding bikes, I think it's just tradition. AFAICT, there's no tradition against riding horses. For example refer to the "Night on Bald Mountain" sequence of Disney's "Fantasia". It definitely portrays a deadster decay-challenged dead person riding a skeletal horse. It's probably BYOB (Bring Your Own Bridle), so don't forget to leave clearly written instructions about your grave goods.

Ancient Egyptian tomb paintings also show the dead on chariots, on boats (yay! boating!), as well as walking. So give it another couple of millenia, and maybe bikes will become acceptable. When you're dead, it's just a question of time.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
So that's why my chocolate has a best before date of 21/12/2012

Very nice stuff am sure I can eat it all tonight.

maya-gold-270.jpg

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
BREAKING NEWS

The world as we know is still around ... It's 21st of December (in Japan time zone ). It's morning, I have to go to work; nothing changed yet. :eek:

Somebody saw a last-day-cutover plan ? And have some details on the day today and what happen when and where ? An Agenda to REMember ?

Last edited:

wonderspark

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2010
Oregon
It's REMarkable that none seem terribly REMorseful about how little time REMains for things like games and puzzles, Life And How To Live It.

These Days, I wonder, What If We Gave It Away?

Some say we're almost Out Of Time in Life's Rich Pageant, and whatever Eponymous Monster may or may not come with a Murmur will be the one to start the Reconstruction Of The Fables.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Somebody saw a last-day-cutover plan ? And have some details on the day today and what happen when and where ? An Agenda to REMember ?

It's REMarkable that none seem terribly REMorseful about how little time REMains for things like games and puzzles, Life And How To Live It.

What odd REMarks! I'd be REMiss if I didn't REMember to REMind you that I REMain REMorseful about your REMarkable REMinisces.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
What odd REMarks! I'd be REMiss if I didn't REMember to REMind you that I REMain REMorseful about your REMarkable REMinisces.

Is that a to REMonstrate to us ? Should we REMake our posts ? Would be glad to REMediate after I had my deep sleep.

Last edited:

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
Well done to the Mexican Tourist Board for promoting this event and helping attract thousands of visitors to Mexico and other associated nearby countries.

Now, which country is next for a predicted End of the World event?

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
BREAKING NEWS

The world as we know is still around ... It's 21st of December (in Japan time zone ). It's morning, I have to go to work; nothing changed yet. :eek:

It was supposed to happen at 11:11 (am) UTC.... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.