Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
depends what you do. One is a computer and one is mostly for reading/apps/games. You will not be able to be as productive using an ipad as you would a mac. Do you need a PC for work/school?

gdeusthewhizkid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
NY|NJ
i would like to get a newer mac. my mac mini is 2007 and my macbook pro is the mid 2009 that's starting to slow down.. Its between a macbook pro and a macbook air.. I can upgrade the macbook pro myself. I dont like imac. Ideally a mac pro would be more than perfect but the memory upgrades are two expensive.

I need portability and power for logic but im not sure which machine i should choose....

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
i would like to get a newer mac. my mac mini is 2007 and my macbook pro is the mid 2009 that's starting to slow down.. Its between a macbook pro and a macbook air.. I can upgrade the macbook pro myself. I dont like imac. Ideally a mac pro would be more than perfect but the memory upgrades are two expensive.

I need portability and power for logic but im not sure which machine i should choose....

I'm confused...did you mean to title your thread macbook air or pro?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I'd suggest that you get a MBP and an iPad; given your stated desire for portability, and apparent need for a computer with a proper keyboard, the iPad and MBP strikes me as being an excellent combination.

By all means get a MBA if portability is a key requirement. However, my personal view is that a MBA and an iPad together might be excessive, as the iPad alone would satisfy the need for something easily portable.

----------

depends what you do. One is a computer and one is mostly for reading/apps/games. You will not be able to be as productive using an ipad as you would a mac. Do you need a PC for work/school?

Very good post which sums up the difference between the two better than I did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.