Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheBuffather

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2009
Orlando, FL
Updated over wifi with no problems. I used to have spotty wifi problems when using my iPhone on my sun deck, yet my MBP would be fine. In the 10 minutes that I've used my iPhone, it seems better. My main problem was streaming from Rdio, it would cut out all the time. It's been a little bit better so far, but I need more time to figure out if it has fixed anything.

SmileyBlast!

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Installing it now! I have noticed that my phone does not always recognize known WiFi networks. Hope this fixes it.

SuperScan2020

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2012
iPad 4 (Verizon)

No update posted yet for this guy yet.

iPad Mini and iPhone 5 on AT&T now on 6.0.2. No issues with OTA. :)

xx01

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
I encountered a strange bug: After updating my iPhone 5 to 6.0.2, I changed the language from British English to Chinese, then the App Store reverted to the old iOS 5 layout, and all the app screen shots are in 3:2 aspect ratio! I tried changing the language back to English but it didn't. The only way to restore the new iOS 6 App store layout is to do clean wipe your phone!:eek::eek:

Is it just me, or can anyone reproduce the bug?

Here is a screenshot of iOS 5 app store on iphone 5:

Attachments

• IMG_0001.PNG
    IMG_0001.PNG
    411.8 KB · Views: 143

S.L.

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2012
USA
Didn't have any trouble updating through my Wifi, but then again, I don't think I ever experienced issues this update supposedly addresses.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Anyone on AT&T (and with unlimited data) notice that Facetime over cellular is automatically enabled after completing this update? I've never been able to enable facetime over cellular without it prompting me to change data plans (not happening).

I udpated OTA if that makes a difference.

eaglesfanone

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2008
faulty

tried to OTA....downloaded and looked like it installed but the phone never turned back on. turned it on manually......went into recovery mode. now i have to restore the phone. great update guys!!

Zerozal

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
PA
983.1MB. What happened to delta updates?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-18 at 4.29.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-18 at 4.29.59 PM.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 107

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Anyone on AT&T (and with unlimited data) notice that Facetime over cellular is automatically enabled after completing this update? I've never been able to enable facetime over cellular without it prompting me to change data plans (not happening).

I udpated OTA if that makes a difference.

Nope, still giving me the popup window to call AT&T or visit their website.
Glad that it works for you.
You tried making a facetime call over 3G with your unlimited data plan yet?

Swift

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2003
Los Angeles
As usual

I had no problems with Wi-Fi with the iPhone 5. Nor with any of them. And this installed easily. And Maps works fine for me. And I suddenly noticed that I can get LTE at work now. Everything's fine!

-- not a news story.

Galatian

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
It's significantly more likely the problem is related to the network that exists between you and Apple's servers.

I've got a DSL 50.000 line here...and speedtest shows exactly that: 38.88 Mbps down, 8.87 Mbps up...though I have to admit that is a little slow as my Television receiver is recording 2 shows in HD right now and that one is TV over IP. iTunes was downloading apps just as quickly. it's just the update that has been slow and I guess it is because of everybody trying to download the update at the same time ;-)

cole01

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
I encountered a strange bug: After updating my iPhone 5 to 6.0.2, I changed the language from British English to Chinese, then the App Store reverted to the old iOS 5 layout, and all the app screen shots are in 3:2 aspect ratio! I tried changing the language back to English but it didn't. The only way to restore the new iOS 6 App store layout is to do clean wipe your phone!:eek::eek:

Is it just me, or can anyone reproduce the bug?

Here is a screenshot of iOS 5 app store on iphone 5:

This happened to me when I first got my iphone 5 all set up. I was like REALLY....after finally getting all my apps organized etc. so I just ended up restoring from my 4S's backup and everything has been fine since. And that was on 6.0.1 :( also a similar same thing happened to my 4S when upgrading to 6.0 where the updates tab was moved to the left for no reason. The only way to fix was a restore and set up as new. Ugh, lots of random App Store bugs in 6.0 it seems. Quite annoying.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Nope, still giving me the popup window to call AT&T or visit their website.
Glad that it works for you.
You tried making a facetime call over 3G with your unlimited data plan yet?

Just tried it. Not getting an error message but after a while I get a "Connection Lost" message. Not sure what to make of it.

Rebooted my phone and now Facetime over cellular is turned off again and turning it on requires me to change plans. Guess I'll just have to hope for a jb.

Last edited:

Konrad

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2009
Bi-continental
iTunes sucks. Specifically for photos, back up lack of management with your iPhone, hidden back-up files...it is crap. Automation for the populace.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Apparently 6.0.1 is still up to date for me on my iPhone 5.... both over the air and via itunes.

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
Any update is a welcome update.. installed with no problems on my problem-free wifi iPhone 5

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.