Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Whenever a friend has me take a group photo using his or her iPhone I always notice how cluttered and busy their screens look. Different icons for various apps that when asked admit they don't or hardly ever use.

I struck upon a project to minimize my iPhone.

Just those apps I use and place them so the screen is aesthetically pleasing.
Each app is ultra minimalistic (other than a couple- yet even those are simple in appearance and execution).

I've come up with this:
Page Two:

PageOne.jpg

Page Three:

PageTwo.jpg

I haven't begun using my new set-up in the real world yet so could easily need to abandon this project, but definitely want to give this a try!

What if any efforts do you make to keep your iPhone as uncomplicated as possible?

Last edited:

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
There is no settings app.

Different colors for different apps helps locate and click them faster.

Yellow notes
orange Soundhound
blue facebook
brown Reeder

etc. it's not perfect, but it helps.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
Where are all of your stock apps?

Anyways, I like the whole white/grey/black theme you've got going on. For me, while I'm an advocate for minimalism - it mainly applies to the hardware side of things, haha. Software interfaces, too. But as far as app setups go, I'm not too picky.

I keep all of my stock apps on the first page (plus YouTube) second page is used for frequently apps, then I basically organize each page by theme - I hate the app folders - I don't like them, haha. I'm too lazy to post screenshots but you get the idea!

braddick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I edited the original post to change the page numbers.
Page one locates all the stock apps- just as Apple set them up to be without modification.

I have also minimized the content having fewer playlists. I also cleaned up my podcasts to include only the last three unheard shows.

My ringtone is back to the default marimba and my other ringtones for messages and voicemail are simple and clean without being intrusive.

As ideas come to me I'll continue to make tweaks.

90miles

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2012
I like to keep it all in folders so if I'm searching for the app of my hometown sports radio I know it will be with the WatchESPN, HBOGO and other media apps, just a matter of preference anyways...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.