Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
SoCal
Why do I feel like I'm the only one left from nov 30 group still in processing. Lol.

God I hate looking at that big giant cancel button. It scares me. :eek:

Ambulater

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2012
My BTO just changed to "preparing to ship". I was in the 3-4 week to ship range with an estimated delivery of Dec 31 -Jan 7. I ordered very late (8pm PST) 11/30. Since that was well after business hours I figure that's basically the same as a 12/1 order.

petraidm

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2010
My BTO just changed to "preparing to ship". I was in the 3-4 week to ship range with an estimated delivery of Dec 31 -Jan 7. I ordered very late (8pm PST) 11/30. Since that was well after business hours I figure that's basically the same as a 12/1 order.

What did you order? I unfortunately ordered @ 2:00 pm PST on 11:30 and still processing!

iwannaimac

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2012
Why do I feel like I'm the only one left from nov 30 group still in processing. Lol.

Im the same...Ordered 30th November and still processing. Phoned apple and they said it be shipped this week

AngelGuy7

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2006
New York
My BTO 27" finally switched to "Preparing for Shipment" sometime around 1:30AM EST today (Tuesday). I ordered it on Nov. 30th around 2PM through the EDU store and was originally quoted Dec 31st - Jan 7th. Then I called up and had them expedite the shipping, and the dates changed to Dec 28th - Jan 4th.

I noticed that I had a credit card hold on my AMEX since late Saturday. So it took about 2 days after the authorization \ hold for it to switch to "Preparing for Shipment". I wonder how long it's going to take to ship.

My BTO specs are:

3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

macuserpl

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
Szczecin, Poland
My BTO 27" finally switched to "Preparing for Shipment" sometime around 1:30AM EST today (Tuesday). I ordered it on Nov. 30th around 2PM through the EDU store and was originally quoted Dec 31st - Jan 7th. Then I called up and had them expedite the shipping, and the dates changed to Dec 28th - Jan 4th.

I noticed that I had a credit card hold on my AMEX since late Saturday. So it took about 2 days after the authorization \ hold for it to switch to "Preparing for Shipment". I wonder how long it's going to take to ship.

My BTO specs are:

3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

Up to 24hrs I belive.

petraidm

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2010
Interesting Experience

I just called Apple to question why others are that have ordered after me are getting shipment notifications while I am still stuck in "Processing" Limbo. After getting the automated system to switch me to a human, I then got an automated message that said "due to the high volume of calls, we can not answer your call" then click and disconnect.

So here I still sit in processing limbo (ordered on 11/30 @ 2:00 pm PST)

Arman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
SoCal
Well the way I see it, it's coming down to the wire for those of us looking to pickup our iMacs before Christmas. Fedex Home delivery is closed Christmas and Christmas eve so that knocks out Monday and Tuesday. Sunday is out as well. With 2-3 day shipping and Saturday as cutoff, we will need to see shipments go out between now and Thursday to have any chance for Saturday delivery.

Lasweetlife

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2012
Well the way I see it, it's coming down to the wire for those of us looking to pickup our iMacs before Christmas. Fedex Home delivery is closed Christmas and Christmas eve so that knocks out Monday and Tuesday. Sunday is out as well. With 2-3 day shipping and Saturday as cutoff, we will need to see shipments go out between now and Thursday to have any chance for Saturday delivery.

Fedex is ridiculously fast. My "2-3 day" delivery was delivered in about 24 hours.

shl4tech

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
Nevada, USA
All's well that ends well...

What happened? Prepared for shipment?

No, I was just being funny about the whole process.. or trying to be anyway...

She is up and running and absolutely, without a doubt, the most impressive and gorgeous computer I have ever seen (let alone owned). I'm having some minor hiccups with iTunes syncing my library but the hardware is flawless from what I can tell...

Here's wishing you all the best in receiving your computers and best wishes for the holidays and a safe and prosperous new year!!!

Arman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
SoCal
WOOHOO, just went to Preparing for shipment. I have finally left purgatory of processing. Just to recap:

27" BTO, 3.4GHz, 8GB ram, 1TB Fusion, 675MX, no preloaded software. Education discount. Ordered around noon PST 12/30.

MacCruiZe

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
Yesssssss !!!! "Preparing for shipment". What a fantastic little sentence.

3.4 / 3T fusion / 680mx / trackpad, ordered 3:25pm EST 11/30 education price

Arman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
SoCal
Yesssssss !!!! "Preparing for shipment". What a fantastic little sentence.

3.4 / 3T fusion / 680mx / trackpad, ordered 3:25pm EST 11/30 education price

I bet yours and mine are sitting right next to each other. :p

Hope they don't mix up the two although I won't complain if I get yours.

MacCruiZe

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
Lol Arman !! So it's Wednesday morning in China right now so hopefully they'll be on the plane today ??

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix
Fedex is ridiculously fast. My "2-3 day" delivery was delivered in about 24 hours.

Did they let you know the delivery would be early, or was it a surprise?

----------

My started preparing for a trip this afternoon .... 2-3 business days so FedEx I'm guessing. Hope it's here before Christmas!

Airnova

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2012
Charlottetown, PEI Canada
Ordered on the 30th still processing, looks like I'm one of the unlucky ones.

Make that one more unlucky one, ordered on Nov. 30th. Still processing!!!

----------

Believe me, you're not alone! Ordered on Nov. 30th. Still Processing here too. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.