Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

higgibaby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
SO I got my new iMac 27" yesterday, I made a thread as for when I turned it on, the screen backlight was dead...So I took it back to Apple today, I got some amazed faces from some of the staff...these things are rare! 1st one they had all seen.

Unfortunately for me, too rare...so rare that I have to start a new order process all over again. I waited till midnight to pre-order the machine, I got a superb customized order ready for delivery mid-december, and I was totally heartbroken when it arrived in perfect condition, just with no screen images visible! The genius guy took one look and determined it had to be returned...

So, for all those out there with 27" iMacs just delivered, if they work...hug them, tell them there special, treat them with care, don't try to force a CD in the side, respect the thinness along with the beer belly on the behind. One day I will hopefully soon...right now, Apple has let me use a 15" Macbook Retina until the replacement arrives...they felt my pain.

Also, for the record if something does happen to your 27", there are none in the country, not even in the secret warehouse :(

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
Yup

I've never seen anyone get two bad iMacs in a row and i've only seen iMacs about 5 years old or older with failed backlights.

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
Just pluged mine in tonight....it's currently waiting for my Retina Macbook Pro to be ready to migrate (I'll run it over night)

Gelite55

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
I went through 7 iPod touches in a row once (4th Generation) because of various stuck pixels. They were also amazed in the store.

Last edited by a moderator:

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
I went through 7 iPod touches in a row once (4th Generation) because of various stuck pixels.

Ok and you would like a sugar cookie bro? I went thru 3 iPhone 5 2 white and 1 black! So who cares! Nothing is perfect in this world even my cousin lambo is having issue even tho it was made in italy and not china.

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
I went through 7 iPod touches in a row once (4th Generation) because of various stuck pixels. They were also amazed in the store.
So far I've been lucky with my Apple product (good thing because 1 dead/stuck pixel is too many for me)

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California
I feel your pain because I had to send my iMac back to Apple last year due to an uneven backlight issue with my first 2011 iMac. There was a slight delay in sending my replacement because mine was BTO. I think the process took two weeks.

Chihawk725

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2012

Fool me once shame on you fool me 7 times and uhhhh stop trying 4th gen iPod touches ? Lol

Fenn

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2012
Ah man! That is totally rotten :/ Nothing worse than being excited about something and then having it delivered, only to find out it doesn't work. Had the same problem with a set-top Bluray player last year and OH did it suck. I can't imagine having to wait weeks ><

spcdust

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2008
London, UK
Have to love those Apple Geniuses as they are always amazed when you bring back something that has a fault and claim they have never seen this before (although to be fair in this case they may have a point)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Sucks that it was defective but they don't usually keep stock of BTO machines on hand. Hope you get a new one soon.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
Have to love those Apple Geniuses as they are always amazed when you bring back something that has a fault and claim they have never seen this before (although to be fair in this case they may have a point)

a friend of mine is an Apple genius worker and he told me that they have to act like this haha :p

mihai.ile

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
a friend of mine is an Apple genius worker and he told me that they have to act like this haha :p

Somehow I thought this would be the case. But it works, seems that people actually feel better thinking that it's just a very isolated issue and it is going to be fixed right away...

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
Somehow I thought this would be the case. But it works, seems that people actually feel better thinking that it's just a very isolated issue and it is going to be fixed right away...

yep, wouldn't want customers to know that Apple have near the same issues as PC manufacturers :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.