Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rbai63

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2010
What would I be better off doing? I have an iphone 5 now but just wanted to know what should get me more money back for selling my old 4.

I have a 32gb ATT iphone 4 with 3rd party red screen front and back, the front is fairly scratched up, nothing too deep but it is noticable, and the back has a shatter on one of the corners.

I was debating on selling the phone as is on ebay, or try getting an OOW replacement 149 for 4 or 199 for 4s if they dont have any more normal 4 (s)

I could sell the OOW replacement like new or refurb but what would you all do in my shoes?

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Like I said in your other thread on this exact issue, you won't get an OOW replacement.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Like I said in your other thread on this exact issue, you won't get an OOW replacement.

Because he voided the warranty all together by changing it? I was thinking that is a problem.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Because he voided the warranty all together by changing it? I was thinking that is a problem.

Apple won't replace iPhones that have been misused or abused (which is what this is classed as). The only option for the op would be to buy a new phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.