Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
Adding $15 a month to a plan you have will make the discount useless after 8 months
For people who were going to get a data plan anyway, or those who add it to a Mobile Share plan, it's a $100 savings. But, please, don't let the facts get in your way.

flavr

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
Thanks for the link! I had no idea you could do this. I am thinking I might upgrade my 3rd gen iPad and it's fun to look and see what they have.

Did you even read my post a few posts back?...The open box section on bb.com is not accurate of current inventory...

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I was at my local Apple Store today and they had an "Express" table set up near the front of the store and behind that were several stacks of iPad mini's.

Mini's are out there, you just have to check. My local Target has the 64GB WiFi versions in stock. They are selling because they will have them one day and then not another. Check Target.com, Best Buy.com and depending on the time of day you could even go through Apple.com. I know AT&T will tell you which of their stores have them in stock if you want the cellular versions. I'm sure the Verizon and Wal-mart sites do the same as well, since I don't shop Wal-Mart, I wouldn't know.

You just have to check, there are mini's out there, you just have to find them.

jdag

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
For people who were going to get a data plan anyway, or those who add it to a Mobile Share plan, it's a $100 savings. But, please, don't let the facts get in your way.

Exactly. The poster saying that the buyer was getting ripped off completely disregarded that the buyer was getting the value of the cellular service.

kallyq

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2010
I bought a mini w AT&T at apple store in Milwaukee no problem last week. They had a bunch of them.

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
Did you even read my post a few posts back?...The open box section on bb.com is not accurate of current inventory...

I did, but it is still fun to look. If I was really in the market, I would just go and visit the store to see what they have in stock.

BrainZ

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2006
Pearland, TX
Just picked up a 16GB White wi-fi at my local Best Buy. I just went off the in store availability page (works on the iPad version of the site or by pasting the SKU into the URL for another item). 1st store sold out 5 min before I got there, next had 6 left and three people picked them up while I was there (be sure to talk to the laptop/tablet people, customer service is clueless). Each store got about a dozen. I wanted one from Best Buy for the $50 off $100 Halo deal from Amex.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
this might be crazy but I think Apple intentionally understocks their products, to increase demand. What fun would it be if there were enough iPad Mini's for everyone? lol

Steveo13

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2011
South Carolina
I don't know why everyone is having trouble finding them. There are so many where I live they are falling off the shelves. Even on launch day, the stores had full stock. My local best buy had one person waiting on line early.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I don't know why everyone is having trouble finding them. There are so many where I live they are falling off the shelves. Even on launch day, the stores had full stock. My local best buy had one person waiting on line early.

Because we live in populated areas. Do you live in a small town in Kansas or something?

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
this might be crazy but I think Apple intentionally understocks their products, to increase demand. What fun would it be if there were enough iPad Mini's for everyone? lol

Yeah because they don't want to acually sell them or anything. They just want people to go to the stores or online and get frustrated because there are none in stock and they'll have nothing to put under the Christmas tree.

phr0ze

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Columbia, MD
AT&T is offering $100 off any tablet through the end of December... but you have to sign a two year contract. For me that wasn't a big deal it's adding $15 a month.

If you have the mobile share plan, tablets only cost $10/mo.

Here's the best trick. Buy an iphone 5 @$199 or less for 2 year contract. Sell it for $600. Move the plan from $40/mo for the phone to the tablet for $10/mo. Save $400 on your tablet (Buy it without contract).

This will always work as long as subsidy for iphone > subsidy for tablet.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Yeah because they don't want to acually sell them or anything. They just want people to go to the stores or online and get frustrated because there are none in stock and they'll have nothing to put under the Christmas tree.

If there were enough iPad Mini's to go around for everyone then there would be virtually no demand after the initial month and the christmas season. It's not like companies don't do that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.