Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aurizen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
I'm in the club, I ordered it yesterday :) how long before they ship it out?

upnorth85

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
MN, USA
I notice you posted a similar comment on the T-mobile web site. Do post your speeds once you get your iPhone. I used my iPhone 5 in a refarmed 3G city (Minneapolis) and after 15 days of Edge speeds and spotty 3G retired my iPhone 5. T-mobile is the only major wireless company that is asking iPhone users to switch to T-mobile's refarmed 1900 Mhz. But the CTO of T-mobile refuses to provide any 3G coverage maps! If I had seen the maps and made a decision rather than listen to his news release, I would have waited to buy an iPhone 5. I hope Apple refuses to partner with T-mobile until they have semblance of a 3G coverage and they provide 3G coverage maps, not just Carly advertisements zooming on her Bike.

I'm in the club, I ordered it yesterday :) how long before they ship it out?

Aurizen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
I notice you posted a similar comment on the T-mobile web site. Do post your speeds once you get your iPhone. I used my iPhone 5 in a refarmed 3G city (Minneapolis) and after 15 days of Edge speeds and spotty 3G retired my iPhone 5. T-mobile is the only major wireless company that is asking iPhone users to switch to T-mobile's refarmed 1900 Mhz. But the CTO of T-mobile refuses to provide any 3G coverage maps! If I had seen the maps and made a decision rather than listen to his news release, I would have waited to buy an iPhone 5. I hope Apple refuses to partner with T-mobile until they have semblance of a 3G coverage and they provide 3G coverage maps, not just Carly advertisements zooming on her Bike.

yeah lol im just spreading the news everywhere :) i just hope they ship it tomorrow, i'll let you guys know what speeds i get, i'll post on the tmobile website that talks about 3g/4g

upnorth85

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
MN, USA
It is a week since I took out my nanosim card put it in a sim-carrier and back in to my SGS2. I did enter several of my readings on the web site airportal.de. I also did continuous tests on the rootmetrics cell phone coverage iPhone App. On my iPhone 5, I have seen 3G signal from St. Joseph exit on I-94 to the St. Cloud exit. The city of St. Cloud has decent coverage but the signal is weak and goes to 3G inside homes and buildings. Once you leave St. Cloud on I-94 coverage there is no 3G signal until Hemlock Lane exit on I-694. Coverage in Maple Grove and Plymouth is spotty and once again the signal falls to Edge inside buildings. Eden Prairie is good and then to the airport on I-494. Unfortunately I have retired my iPhone 5, otherwise I would have given you feedback on Central Avenue and south to Dinky town.

I am not going to put my SIM back until CTO Neville Ray gets some spine to put the 3G coverage maps on the T-mobile web site. Other alternative is I am going to rely on airportal.de and users that post their experience on this forum or tmonews or t-mobiles own forums. However it is clear to me that this 3G refarming project is going to be the greatest disaster done by T-mobile. DT, should pull the plug and shake up the top management before they once again drop to the last in terms of customer satisfaction on the JD Power Associates.

Anyone knows how the problems can be communicated to Apple. I would hope Apple will suspend the partnership with T-mobile until they have a bare minimum 3G coverage.
Where about in Minneapolis have you seen 3G? I've been curious if they flipped the switch near downtown yet.

Mengels7

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
Well let's be real. It's just a phone. But it does work great and I think you're gonna love it. Hope you enjoy!

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Congrats. Just got me an iPhone 5 too it's amazing. I wish T-Mobile had done some refarming here but it's end of year 2012 and nothing yet so I got with some friends and just decided to do Verizon and possibly revisit T-Mobile later on once the network is matured for iPhone support. Got tired of Edge on my 4S.

Aurizen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
my order is preparing for shipping, its been doing that all day, anyone know if this is taking place in china?

EDIT: its shipped :D

Last edited:

Arcade

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Bronx, NY
You're going to love it!

I got my first iphone last week from verizon and started loving it quick. I'm pissed as to why I did get one sooner but my excuse was/is I did not like talking on the phone but my new iphone changed that but it could also be that I had a cheap phone before.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
U mean u haven't put in on Twitter so we can follow its progress?

LoL.... I'm never really sure why people start threads like these. A guy started a thread telling us he bought his daughter an iPhone. Ok, cool I hope she enjoys it? Not sure what exactly their fishing for with such threads.

OP congrats I guess.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
LoL.... I'm never really sure why people start threads like these. A guy started a thread telling us he bought his daughter an iPhone. Ok, cool I hope she enjoys it? Not sure what exactly their fishing for with such threads.

OP congrats I guess.

Quit ya whining.

Browns2212

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
Orchard Park, NY
Congrats. I'd be shocked if you didn't love it. I know I sure do and it's my first ever iPhone.

I remember looking at that order every single day. I ordered mine at the end of September from the Verizon website. Said it was scheduled to ship on October 19 :eek:

I was surprised and very excited when it shipped a week early and I ended up getting it on October 17th.

Loved watching the tracking info and then going home on my lunch break and being home when it arrived :D

Aurizen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
its saturday in china, anyone think the package will make progress?

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
You will love it far more than people who have been iPhone users since the beginning, thats for sure.

What they think of a as the norm and take for granted, you will be taken back by.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.