Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pepper's my dog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2012
Hi Everyone,

My first post here.

I have an older 10.5.8 bought new in 2008. I have been getting kicked out of different programs lately. Mostly the internet, but once off of iPhoto. I then get a message from Apple to either ignore, relaunch or report. Is there something I can do to stop this? I don't know much about computers and use mine for reading the news, uploading pictures from my camera and email. Thank you in advance for any help.

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
The problem is probably the 10.5.8 - which is an operating system that is now 5 years old - please, please update to Snow Leopard ($20 from Apple.com)

joeblough

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2006
The problem is probably the 10.5.8 - which is an operating system that is now 5 years old - please, please update to Snow Leopard ($20 from Apple.com)

good advice, but it may not be the problem. "getting kicked off" here means of course these apps are crashing or "quitting unexpectedly". this can be a symptom of bad RAM or a bad hard disk.

if the problem is a bad hard disk, upgrading the OS could prove fatal...

first off i'd try running Disk Utility and see if it can find problems with your boot disk.

Pepper's my dog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2012
Thanks for the info. I checked the disk utility and it appears to be okay. Would it be safe to install Snow Leopard now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.