Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kh3khalid

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2012
People tend to run to forums if they notice a problem with their laptop. Majority of people haven't had problems with the laptops or it would have blown up big time and Apple would have been forced to perform a recall. Hope you're enjoying your MBPr! I got mine recently and it's a mega laptop.

That's exactly the point that I was trying to deliver before. It is normal that your machine works just fine, nothing special about that. If anyone who has a normal working machine posts a thread about it, it would become chaos here in this forum :p

Spetsnazos

macrumors regular
May 3, 2012
I understand where are you coming from. I just pointed the fact about the GPU in CPU. Thats why ppl use the command to switch to Nvidia card for smother experience. However, this Nvidia card is overclocked by Apple to drive milion of pixels. when you on battery, it is on intel GPU by default or you need to plug in AC. Or you have to put command to force it to use Nvidia card. Just saying, in 6 months intel will response to the demand of high resolution display with more suitable CPU. The experience will be even beter than this generation. At usual, Apple first generation products do have some problem, and they are sloved in the next generation. Thats why ppl say IRON rule, Dont buy the first generation producr from Apple. Wait until rev or next gen. I myself have had this laptop as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUIdQB_O3qM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

this guy is way too excited. ROFL about it being significantly better. Yes it probably will be for the 13" but on the 15" the discrete card is going to do the same thing it will do on games with a Haswell chip. You must be trolling if you think the integrated GPU is doing all the work during gaming.

----------

Google dude. Read the news. It is all over the Internet. Intel has release the info. In term of performance we all know, with millions of pixels are driven by GPU in CPU and Nvidia. That is why Apple overclock the GPU and that is why rmbp is hot when you play games like diablo 3 and you really can't put the game max out video setting. Some frames drop. Bra bra. Hardware is not up there yet. Accept the fact. You will see the different when the Haswell is in rmbp. This is not the first time Apple put the hardware limit..

do you even have a clue as to what you're talking about? I mean seriously?

If you think the GPU in Haswell is going to be a night and day difference you are seriously fooling yourself. It will be faster, but I doubt you would notice it day to day.

Battery life with Haswell will definitely improve by about 10%(maybe). Other than that expect a slightly smoother experience if OS X is updated.

I have no scrolling lag or issues in Win7 but I do in OS X on my 15" rMBP. I'm tempted to believe its software related at the moment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.