Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glasgood

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
Can someone help please.

I'm waiting for my dual hard drive kit from iFixit. My new Mac Mini 2012 comes with iLife.

Now what happens if I format the normal 500GB Apple HDD for storage and then re-install OSX Mountain Lion onto a new Solid State Disc ( dual HDD set up ), how do I get iLife Apps installed back onto my MacMini ?

I'm aware that I could clone my existing 500GB Apple HDD and then restore it onto the Solid State Disc. But I would like to create a USB installer for OSX MLion that I can use for future restore purposes.

I logged into the App Store (on my hackintosh laptop) with the Apple account created to purchase my Mac Mini and iLife is not available for me to download for free.

mystic man

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2009
Athens, Greece
Can someone help please.

I'm waiting for my dual hard drive kit from iFixit. My new Mac Mini 2012 comes with iLife.

Now what happens if I format the normal 500GB Apple HDD for storage and then re-install OSX Mountain Lion onto a new Solid State Disc ( dual HDD set up ), how do I get iLife Apps installed back onto my MacMini ?

I'm aware that I could clone my existing 500GB Apple HDD and then restore it onto the Solid State Disc. But I would like to create a USB installer for OSX MLion that I can use for future restore purposes.

I logged into the App Store (on my hackintosh laptop) with the Apple account created to purchase my Mac Mini and iLife is not available for me to download for free.

from apple support

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

I m curious of how this works out as I will be doing it myself, and would be nice if I knew before hand

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
When I bought my Mac, they made a note of my AppleID. As a result, iLife appears in the Mac App Store under my account. (In fact I can even install it on my other Macs, which you could never do before with bundled apps.)
You say you used an Apple account when you bought your Mini. So the same should apply.

Can you see iLife in the App Store from your Mini? Perhaps the Hackintosh is an issue?

glasgood

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
from apple support

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

I m curious of how this works out as I will be doing it myself, and would be nice if I knew before hand

Thanks for the link, so I should be able to download iLife as per the info found in your link. Then possibly as benwiggy says it could be cause I'm using my hackintosh to access the App Store.

Thanks guys / girls :)

I will try again at a later date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.