Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hampshireman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Hampshire
I have downloaded that one. It tells me to use expand in the file menu to expand a file, but when i go to my downloads, they appear faint and will not open. Also they appear as html files. Is this correct please

bolshoi

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
RAR is a file compression format, like ZIP.

There are lots of free utilities to uncompress RAR files for Mac. I use "The Unarchiver", available in the Mac App Store.

hampshireman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Hampshire
tanks but can you understand my problem as post above. This is the box i get when clicking on a video. I go to the 3rd one down and click it and the download start but ends up as an html

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-20 at 13.54.07.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-20 at 13.54.07.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 235

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
tanks but can you understand my problem as post above. This is the box i get when clicking on a video. I go to the 3rd one down and click it and the download start but ends up as an html
If you don't have an unarchiving utility for RAR files, then your computer may not recognize the file type. You should accept the advice to download and install Stuffit Expander or The Unarchiver.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.