Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Well sure they will. The fact is this may be too little too late for RIM. It is shame, that looks like a phone worth a fondle.

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
Everything I have seen about BB10 seems fantastic. If they had the fanbase apple did, it would be a surefire hit. I cant wait until its released.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Everything I have seen about BB10 seems fantastic. If they had the fanbase apple did, it would be a surefire hit. I cant wait until its released.

Agreed. I have not seen much of it, but it does look interesting. For me, it is hard to fit a non-iOS device in my ecosystem at this point and I have tried.

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
Agreed. I have not seen much of it, but it does look interesting. For me, it is hard to fit a non-iOS device in my ecosystem at this point and I have tried.

I was always a blackberry guy, I had the first 2 variations of the iPhone and grew tired of the OS so I switched to Blackberry, now I am back on the iPhone(5) and I do like the OS, theres just something I will always miss about the blackberry. (Honestly, its probably the keyboard :p) Everyone adapted to the iPhone ecosystem pretty quickly and at the time, it was something completely brand new-ish. I just think they need to get the word out more and show more of bb10 off. It really looks promising.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I was always a blackberry guy, I had the first 2 variations of the iPhone and grew tired of the OS so I switched to Blackberry, now I am back on the iPhone(5) and I do like the OS, theres just something I will always miss about the blackberry. (Honestly, its probably the keyboard :p) Everyone adapted to the iPhone ecosystem pretty quickly and at the time, it was something completely brand new-ish. I just think they need to get the word out more and show more of bb10 off. It really looks promising.
Of course. For me it extends far past a phone though. I am very curious about this phone, I may have to go see what it is like. Hopefully I can see a non-crippled demo unit.

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
Of course. For me it extends far past a phone though. I am very curious about this phone, I may have to go see what it is like. Hopefully I can see a non-crippled demo unit.

Agreed. I think it may appeal to those looking for a bigger screen, I feel like all most people do is complain about the damn screen size on the iPhone. Which I think is great, in the 4s or 5. Have you seen it next to the iPhone 5? I was shocked to see how large it actually was.

BB10-and-iPhone-5.jpg

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
The UI just looks super generic and kind of like legacy Blackberry to me. It's dead on arrival anyways, though.

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
The UI just looks super generic and kind of like legacy Blackberry to me. It's dead on arrival anyways, though.

Are you serious? You literally cant get anymore generic than iOS...and the fact that its looked the exact same since gen1, this is something that is completely redesigned for blackberry, nothing about this phone resembles past bb's. So no, I wouldnt say it was DOA by any means but like I said Blackberry no longer has the following Apple does, so it will be a struggle.

Dont get me wrong I'm not bashing iOS at all, I own an iPhone and I like it, I'm simply stating.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
Are you serious? You literally cant get anymore generic than iOS...and the fact that its looked the exact same since gen1, this is something that is completely redesigned for blackberry, nothing about this phone resembles past bb's. So no, I wouldnt say it was DOA by any means but like I said Blackberry no longer has the following Apple does, so it will be a struggle.

Dont get me wrong I'm not bashing iOS at all, I own an iPhone and I like it, I'm simply stating.

It just looks really uninspired and generic. It doesn't have its own look, really. But to each his own.

MuddyPaws1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
BB used to have a massive following but man has it fallen off. At the school I work in, I can only think of one person, student or staff that I have seen with a BB in the past year or 2. I think it will be too little too late to reclaim what once was. The storm was supposed to be THE thing for BB but wasn't quite the magic bullet it was supposed to be.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California

+1 fully agree. Jony Ive, we're counting on you to rev things up with iOS -- even a slight change in UI/UX would be a good thing.

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
BB10 looks like a BB OS I could actually use daily (I didin't enjoy the older versions) but I've had iOS for so long now I just don't see myself moving.

Out of all of the people I can think of I think 2-3 still have BBs and most have moved on to an iPhone or an Android phone. One or two might even have Windows Phones!

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
BB10 looks like a BB OS I could actually use daily (I didin't enjoy the older versions) but I've had iOS for so long now I just don't see myself moving.

Out of all of the people I can think of I think 2-3 still have BBs and most have moved on to an iPhone or an Android phone. One or two might even have Windows Phones!

You know, I played with the new lumia 920 the other day and I have to say it was pretty damn cool. I think it was just a change from iOS. Something completely different. I have been waiting for a bb10 release for a long time, I just hope it delivers like it looks like it will.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Not too long ago, the BB was the SERIOUS phone. People in businesses can't do wo one and the iPhone was a toy.

Fast-forward to present, a large federal agency just made their official phone the iPhone.

I remember those BB, the business guys were glued to them, and not for fun, their bosses were, really, micromanaging them via the BB, me think there was a under-pining resentment for that dog-chain.

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
I loaded the same pages these guys did on my iPhone 5. Mine loaded in around 5 seconds tops and I have never been to those sites.

What kinda AOL internet was this guy running?

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
1. I couldn't tell it was a Blackberry until I noticed that oversized Blackberry branding smacking you right in the face on the front :rolleyes:

2. Why are they still making phones with charging ports on the side? Do they not read or listen to the consumer?

3. Good luck...your going to need it

Apple Techs

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2012
Phoenix, Az
Just like the BB Storm

it is gonna smoke the iphone and we are gonna be whisked away to a new age where we no longer have to worry about how small our iphone 5 screen is :rolleyes: no go the phone is a waste of time and looks like they have done nothing I mean nothing just rolled something out that looks like any ol htc, samsung, etc.

Kinda looks like the back of the iphone 5 inverse though doesn't it?

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
1. I couldn't tell it was a Blackberry until I noticed that oversized Blackberry branding smacking you right in the face on the front :rolleyes:

2. Why are they still making phones with charging ports on the side? Do they not read or listen to the consumer?

3. Good luck...your going to need it

1. Ahh, like the oversized Apple branding on the back of the phone, smacking everyone else in the face with a giant apple anytime you pick up the phone?

2. What the problem with the charging port on the side? I never had a problem with it...its a charging port.

3. I agree with you here, they will need all the luck they can get.

S

syd430

They should have made the BlackBerry logo on the front smaller so people are less embarrassed.

Also the phone literally looks like a HTC One X sitting on top of a Lumia 920 in the first video.

Last edited by a moderator:

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
Just like the BB Storm

it is gonna smoke the iphone and we are gonna be whisked away to a new age where we no longer have to worry about how small our iphone 5 screen is :rolleyes: no go the phone is a waste of time and looks like they have done nothing I mean nothing just rolled something out that looks like any ol htc, samsung, etc.

Kinda looks like the back of the iphone 5 inverse though doesn't it?

allappleiphones.jpg

No, you're right. Blackberry are the ones who have done nothing.

Apple Techs

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2012
Phoenix, Az

No, you're right. Blackberry are the ones who have done nothing.

My bad I forgot all the revolutionary things blackberry has done
all there great devices and UI it is awesome I just wish the rest of the world felt the way I do maybe RIM wouldn't be in the position they are in it has nothing to do with innovation or their great products

have you seen the pictures of the RIM shareholders meeting with everyone carrying iphones check that out it is pretty funny

I would post some pics of a blackberry line up but it is not worth my time

S

syd430

All you people bashing Blackberry are forgetting that they introduced the innovative clicking screen in the original Storm, which provides tactile feedback for a better touch screen experience.

- Said no one ever

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
My bad I forgot all the revolutionary things blackberry has done
all there great devices and UI it is awesome I just wish the rest of the world felt the way I do maybe RIM wouldn't be in the position they are in it has nothing to do with innovation or their great products

have you seen the pictures of the RIM shareholders meeting with everyone carrying iphones check that out it is pretty funny

I would post some pics of a blackberry line up but it is not worth my time

I never said apple wasnt "revolutionary" I was talking purely a design/OS point of view. You can't honestly say to me apple has been revolutionary in a design standpoint in the least bit. (Talking about phones only, not anything else they've done) Theres no point in arguing over a phone that hasnt even been released yet, once it comes out and people actually own the device and use the OS can anything really be said about it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.