Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacCruiZe

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
In transit !! FDX90 to Memphis departs in 10 min !! (sorry for getting everyone excited yesterday - but now I feel really good about being on the plane today!) Bayleaves , did you get this same update?

- 12/20/2012 - Thursday 11:04 pm (china time)
In transit SHANGHAI CN 11:00 pm
International shipment release - Import

SHANGHAI CN - 12/19/2012 - Wednesday 7:00 pm
Left FedEx origin facility
SHANGHAI CN 6:53 pm Picked up SHANGHAI CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff

snugja

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2006
That's what I am trying to understand... It's rather nuts.

----------

When did you place your order?

Well, originally, I placed my order on Nov 30th at 5:14 AM Pacific Time. I placed an order for this -

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

After deliberating about the SSD for 6 days, I called apple to change the order. So they had to cancel and re-order, which I didn't know they would do, and so, the order was placed again on December 7th

So now, I'm getting the same thing, with the SSD instead of the 3TB fusion drive. Not sure when it'll ship, but it's processing!:D:D

tc9394

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
My iMac was shipped out this Monday. It was stuck in Shanghai UPS for almost 2 days :mad: and it is out for delivery today (Same week Thursday) :).

upsood.jpg

Arman

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
SoCal
For those asking about timing after you move from processing to preparing for shipment, this is what happened for me. I'm one of the last of the 5 minute club. My email from Apple acknowledging my order was received at 3.04AM Nov 30th 2012. Since I was spending so much money any way, I paid the extra $30 for 2-3 day "expedited delivery" (in other words, Fedex not UPS). Original delivery period: Dec 21-28 in 2-3 business days.

MY ORDER:
3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
768GB Flash Storage
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple Num Kybd(Eng)+User's Gd

MY SHIPPING RECORD: All times EST.
Th Dec 13, 2012 8.30 PM "Preparing for shipment" status noticed

Th Dec 13, 2012 10:12 PM Picked up SHANGHAI CN
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:41 AM Left FedEx origin facility SHANGHAI CN

Fri Dec 14, 2012 6.44 AM "You have been sent a shipment" e-mail from the Apple Store. Estimated delivery (at that point) Dec 19, 2012.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:47 AM International shipment release SHANGHAI CN
Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:48 AM In transit SHANGHAI CN

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:37 PM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:47 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:50 AM In transit MEMPHIS, TN
Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:00 AM International shipment release MEMPHIS, TN

Dec 16, 2012 4:06 PM Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Dec 16, 2012 6:15 PM Arrived at FedEx location NEWARK, NJ

Current estimated delivery Tues Dec 18, 2012 by 10:30 AM BROOKLYN, NY

As far as I can see, the only odd thing about my story is my iMac got a direct flight from Shanghai to Memphis, then spent Saturday in Memphis (presumably listening to music). So remember "business days" means the process slows down over the weekend. Oh, and I told my wife what I'd done tonight, and note: was still alive to make this posting!

Had to go back a couple hundred threads to find this. Looks like should go on flight today but it could be a while before the next update. Small possibility it could be here tomorrow, otherwise Monday 1030am.

SubaLou

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
My delivery still says tomorrow by noon but no effin way thatll happen...since my last update still shows it exported shanghai 12 hrs ago.

bayleaves

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
In transit !! FDX90 to Memphis departs in 10 min !! (sorry for getting everyone excited yesterday - but now I feel really good about being on the plane today!) Bayleaves , did you get this same update?

Yep, mine says In Transit now too, and I think you're right that they will be on the plane to Memphis that arrives tonight. I don't think there is any way they are on the flight landing in Anchorage in a couple hours. So I'm going to watch flight 90!

bayleaves

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
Had to go back a couple hundred threads to find this. Looks like should go on flight today but it could be a while before the next update. Small possibility it could be here tomorrow, otherwise Monday 1030am.

Thank you so much for finding that! I started looking, but got bored really fast. :D

CarloUK

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2009
Bath UK
Its all a bit of a joke really

To be honest its all a bit of a joke having to wait a month to get an imac. Apple obviously has released the line to early and unable to supply the product. They are lucky all us brain washed fan boys will sit here waiting for an over priced under specked machine (me included).

Today i am feeling pretty pissed of and the brain washing is wearing off. Over the weekend i will go look at a different product which is available. Maybe it will take my fancy so I can cancel the order.. Or maybe not. At least looking at other products will get me all excited rather than wait here with my head in my hands refreshing my orders page.

blastair

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2009
Mine is out for delivery!

Only I'm working in the basement, and am paranoid that I won't hear the door when the UPS guy comes. So I set up my iPad in the front window and am Facetime-ing myself; voila, live feed of the front walk!

Vlopez07

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
im in the same boat

Yep, mine says In Transit now too, and I think you're right that they will be on the plane to Memphis that arrives tonight. I don't think there is any way they are on the flight landing in Anchorage in a couple hours. So I'm going to watch flight 90!

i think mine is also on that flight to memphis seein as i have the same exact movement as you. i hope it gets here by friday instead ofmonday THE 24TH :D:D:D

Arman

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
SoCal

Agree. Almost invariably mine too is on Flight 90 to Memphis. Kinda sucks for me being in SoCal. I would probably see it getting here locally tomorrow afternoon but the shipment won't reach final destination til Monday if u factor in Business days.

LogicPro

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
To be honest its all a bit of a joke having to wait a month to get an imac. Apple obviously has released the line to early and unable to supply the product. They are lucky all us brain washed fan boys will sit here waiting for an over priced under specked machine (me included).

I agree - I wish Apple waited until they were ready. My best guess is that they wanted to capitalize on the Holiday Shopping rush and sell as many Macs as they can in December, so they allowed pre-orders. Waiting until January when the machines are really fully ready to ship would have been missing a valuable business opportunity.

Fantola

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
Århus, Denmark
Just received mine! Installed 32 gb Corsair ValueSelect (very cheap) and it works PERFECTLY!

HAPPPPYYYYYYYYYYY! (my last post on macrumors.com, i think so)

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Just received mine! Installed 32 gb Corsair ValueSelect (very cheap) and it works PERFECTLY!

HAPPPPYYYYYYYYYYY! (my last post on macrumors.com, i think so)

Enjoy. but you'll be back. It's addictive!!

----------

)Over the weekend i will go look at a different product which is available. Maybe it will take my fancy so I can cancel the order.. Or maybe not. At least looking at other products will get me all excited rather than wait here with my head in my hands refreshing my orders page.

Go and play the field dude. By all means. And come back and tell us what you discover. Maybe if you get lucky with something hot, you can see if they have a sister or good friend we can help with. :)

PS. Suspect the screen is the killer feature unless the other 'option' has other talents

echomango

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2012
Mine is out for delivery!

Only I'm working in the basement, and am paranoid that I won't hear the door when the UPS guy comes. So I set up my iPad in the front window and am Facetime-ing myself; voila, live feed of the front walk!

Great idea!

davedev100

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
It's Here! It's Here!

Ordered afternoon of 11/30. Original estimate 12/31 to 1/7. Shipped 12/17 with ETA of 12/24. Updated two days ago to 12/20. UPS left a "tried to deliver" note, didn't knock or ring the bell. I work 8 ft. from my front door so I wandered out onto the front porch and waved at him in the truck. Now, its here!

Airnova

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2012
Charlottetown, PEI Canada

I have the same exact info from FedEx ! FedEx 90 scheduled to leave Shanghai 1:00 pm local time in china and arrive Memphis 9:36pm central time, correct. This is great news! I wonder how long now in Memphis before moving north to Canada?

MacCruiZe

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
I printed out the signature release to tape to my door tomorrow morning just in case of a Friday miracle !

I’ve been looking at a lot of other folks tracking info, there is a chance that after landing in Memphis tonight, they can get them on another plane to your local city and out for delivery in the morning. It doesn’t seem like we are up for Saturday delivery as a chance. So it's lucky Friday, or get it Monday it seems.

Type4O

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I ordered my almost fully load 27"er (only got the 1TB fusion drive) the evening of 30 November and it landed in Mount Hope, ON at 5:09am today. Original arrival date was 3-8 January. I am off all next week, so really excited about being able to play during the holiday. :D:D:D

So, not so much excitement now I have spoken to UPS. Wanted to see if my iMac would be delivered tomorrow as I have to arrange for someone to receive as I am at work. Apparently, even though my tracking looks like the attached, it isn't in Concord, that is just advice as to future movement, and still won't be delivered until Dec 27. What a crock. :mad:

UPDATE: Was not happy after speaking to UPS, so I called back and spoke to someone else and asked, if not actually in Concord, like your real-time updates on the web says, where is my delivery. Well, it is in Concord, and will be delivered on Monday 24th (better than 27th, and I'll be home to receive it). I asked: can it be delivered tomorrow (21st), and they said no, they have to follow Apple's delivery date. That's weird, but hey, I'm happy I don't have to wait until the 27th.

Attachments

• UPS.PNG
    UPS.PNG
    19.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Macrovertigo

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2008
Vermont/España/etc.
delivery date moved to the 21st (was 27th)?

am I reading this right? I had a notice earlier on the ups tracking page that said my delivery, formerly estimated to take place on the 24th, would not happen until the 27th. Now I check and see the "scheduled delivery date" is updated to Friday the 21st - tomorrow?!? hmm ... (it is a BTO 27" ordered and paid for by cc on the day after it was ordered.)

Attachments

• Scheduled Delivery Updated To friday 21dec12??? Screen Shot 2012-12-20 at 2.46.51 PM.png
    Scheduled Delivery Updated To friday 21dec12??? Screen Shot 2012-12-20 at 2.46.51 PM.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 96

Type4O

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, Canada
am I reading this right? I had a notice earlier on the ups tracking page that said my delivery, formerly estimated to take place on the 24th, would not happen until the 27th. Now I check and see the "scheduled delivery date" is updated to Friday the 21st - tomorrow?!? hmm ... (it is a BTO 27" ordered and paid for by cc on the day after it was ordered.)

Lucky you. UPS told me that even though my iMac is sitting not very far from where I am now, it will be delivered on the 24th because they have to deliver it when Apple says so. What? My tracking still says the 27th. I could do with whatever they are smoking today.

oldgeezer

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2012
Maryland
It finally arrived and is a thing of beauty. Not a mark on it. In fact, the packaging is a work of art in itself.

It's a shame I can't play with it until it's done doing a brain drain from my 2008 iMac -- about 3-1/2 hours to go.

SubaLou

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
Ups tracking is crap. My last time stamp was from Ups in shanghai at their local time of Dec 20, 9:36am (my local time was dec 19, 7:36 pm) .... It currently 4:45am in Shanghi on the 21st & of course 2:45 locally here on the 20th of Dec. why so long with updates?? Wheres my freaking pkg?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.