Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Konradx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Hello,

I work for a company that mainly supports PC's, but i prefer to run a mac. I bought a Macbook Pro. On my old mini running 10.5.8, it can open the java program fine. On a PC it just pops ups and works. On a Mac, it downloads, then you have to click on the download to open it.

On my Macbook Pro, it just downloads but doesnt work. I called Apple Support and they were useless. If I can't open this, I will need to return my macbook. Link is below. Let me know if its possible, and why it works on an older mac and not a new one. I tried on both FF and Safari.

ppm4.iwprint.com

My IT support, wont bother helping me because its a Mac.

-Concept-

macrumors member
Hello,

I work for a company that mainly supports PC's, but i prefer to run a mac. I bought a Macbook Pro. On my old mini running 10.5.8, it can open the java program fine. On a PC it just pops ups and works. On a Mac, it downloads, then you have to click on the download to open it.

On my Macbook Pro, it just downloads but doesnt work. I called Apple Support and they were useless. If I can't open this, I will need to return my macbook. Link is below. Let me know if its possible, and why it works on an older mac and not a new one. I tried on both FF and Safari.

ppm4.iwprint.com

My IT support, wont bother helping me because its a Mac.

Are you running Apple's Java or the most updated version that's been released online? I'd suggest updating your JRE/JDK (forget which one is important, although I just install both) and seeing if that works.

Konradx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I'm running most up to date Java based on the java.com website I re-downloaded today. I'm not to sure what JRE/JDK is.

Konradx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Bump.

Just following up if anyone can click on that link and make the program pop up? I'd hate to get rid of my macbook because they dont support basic Java. Like I said it works on my mac mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.