Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
Here are some pictures of the black ops on my black Iphone, with the blue Lucky Labs rash guards:

DSCN1898.JPG

DSCN1900.JPG

DSCN1901.JPG

DSCN1902.JPG

I'm not quite sure the blue guards goes well with the black ops, think about just putting the black ones supplied by Element case. I don't have yet the back plate as will use a Luxe custom plate (Darth Vader logo) and am still in the process of design.

Last edited:

MrSniffles69

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
Here are some pictures of the black ops on my black Iphone, with the blue Lucky Labs rash guards:

I'm not quite sure the blue guards goes well with the black ops, think about just putting the black ones supplied by Element case. I don't have yet the back plate as will use a Lex custom plate (Darth Vader logo) and am still in the process of design.

I'm really liking that Black Ops case its sick looking with the black phone. Kinda wish i shoulda got that one now instead of the black one...

Agree with you on the blue guards dont go that well....

How do you custom make the plates btw. I got an idea in mind but how could I sketch it out and send it to them like can I do it in Paint or something hahaha not really sure

nles

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2010

I'm not quite sure the blue guards goes well with the black ops, think about just putting the black ones supplied by Element case. I don't have yet the back plate as will use a Lex custom plate (Darth Vader logo) and am still in the process of design.

I too thinking of the plate, but seems white photo, silver sector 5 with silver plate looks better ya.

I ordered the black ops too.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
I too was thinking about a LEX back, but if you look on their facebook page and even their FAQ, it's clear it degrades the wifi signal.

jackwins

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
I ordered the black ops on on Monday 12/17. Does anyone think it will ship today or Friday? My order number is 138660

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
I too was thinking about a LEX back, but if you look on their facebook page and even their FAQ, it's clear it degrades the wifi signal.

The degrade of the wifi signal is not consistent with what was reported by Gray Bishop here:

Luxeplates.com
custom plate made (I'm a huge Iron Man fan) 1 week turnaround time, these guys are really cool.

think I'll find someone local that can match the finish of the sector 5 to the backplate and spigen metal button......

no wifi issues whatsoever with the backplate on, everything works perfectly.

I will report once I get mine.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
The degrade of the wifi signal is not consistent with what was reported by Gray Bishop here:

Luxeplates.com
custom plate made (I'm a huge Iron Man fan) 1 week turnaround time, these guys are really cool.

think I'll find someone local that can match the finish of the sector 5 to the backplate and spigen metal button......

no wifi issues whatsoever with the backplate on, everything works perfectly.[/QUOTE]

I will report once I get mine.

I know, he's one person. Wifi signal impact seems to be the major complaint on FB.

Gray bishop

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2012

I know, he's one person. Wifi signal impact seems to be the major complaint on FB.

5 minutes ago I lost 1 bar of my wifi signal
I was outside playing football in the street and we stopped to look at some stripper chick on a video, figured I'd report it

I'll keep monitoring it for the rest of the night

Echo4521

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2012
Tactical Back Plate

FINALLY got my new BlackOps today!

The matte black is very nice looking, reminds me my old AR15 case; like it more than the color of my FE (actually bought 2, plan was to keep one and profit on the second one, but ended up re-selling both, making this one only $85 !! :D). I will install the Lucky Labs rash guards tonight and post some pictures.

Since I order a custom Luxe back plate (design on the works) will not use the tactical back plate, so if someone is interested to purchase it PM me.

Hi, if you still have your Tactical Back Plate I was interested purchasing? My email is Echo4521@aol.com , I also have paypal or let me know how you wanna do this , thx!

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
I was losing a bar with the tactical back plate! I did a field test and it was for sure a bar but well worth it. It's one awesome and very durable back. I have tried lucky labs and elements real carbon backs and both affected signal pretty severely. So I'm not sure how an all aluminum back wouldn't! It's all about your signal to start with.

oTypically

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2012
Well I didn't order te sector 5. I ordered the vapor pro white edition for the i4s. Just checks te site and they restocked on the cream/nickel case. Oh well.
How long does it take them to process? It's been about two days almost.

MrSniffles69

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
Well my case is finally at the sorting facility where I live it got there at 6 AM this morning but of course its not delivering till Monday :mad:

Dexy

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
All my friend laughs at my face and thinks the case is ugly :(

Your friend are fools :).....The sector5 is amazing and best case.....
As I can see, you have a FE and white i5.....on black, FE is best color combo out now from sector, for me.

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
picked up this from esoterism, metal style bumper, costs less, but still expensive for these type of cases:

Attachments

• DSC_0964.JPG
    DSC_0964.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 229

MrSniffles69

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
My case got delivered a little while ago and I picked it up on my lunch break I love it!!!! Feels so good pics coming when I get back to work!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.