Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cuechick

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
So Cal
gs-case-pie.jpg

I have switched out my Casetagram case for this Gelaskin Hard case. Love it!!! It feels great in my hand, better quality than the other. The print quality of the design, which are my own images is excellent. I created my design in photoshop then uploaded it as one image. They also have some great art to choose from if you rather do that.

vodavoda

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
Hows the reception?

Does it cause any scratches on the bezel?

Didn't affect my reception. Removed it once so far and no scratches.

What stand is that?

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Just bought the Spigen Linear Ex Slim bumper for my iPhone 5. I won't post up any pics seeing that the camera on iPad 2 is quite naff and the case is exactly as shown on Spigens website:

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-case-linear-ex-metal.html

What I will say, and a possible warning to others, who might think about this bumper case is this: while all the accessories you receive with the bumper are good ( front screen shield, rear matt screen shield which covers the middle portion of the iPhone 5, rear top thin strip shield to cover the glass section, rear bottom thin strip shield to cover glass section, 3 different coloured jelly bean Home buttons in white, black & orange) the fact that Spigen's own bumper causes the enclosed Spigen rear matte screen shield to bubble, is quite frankly ridiculous and flawed in my opinion.

Why provide a bumper and then enclose a rear screen shield ( both made by the same company) which do not work with each other???

It's a good bumper but be warned - the enclosed rear protector WILL bubble with this bumper

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Front shot, my white iP5, S5 installed

8289864274_33307ac1f1_c.jpg

Rear shot, Indigo blue + iPhone 5 white

8289845508_8f799c3fe3_c.jpg

Bottom view, open cutout so no obstruction of lightening port or speaker

8288785797_14abb31097_c.jpg

Some pics of the Rose soft touch installed on the wife's phone (32GB/black)

8289925074_00f7bc22c9_c.jpg

Rear

8288865361_2c0c949b33_c.jpg

Top of white and black with S5 installed

8289929302_48711cf4f9_c.jpg

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
My version of a "case"

I'm not a big fan of cases, I like to maintain the original look/size of the phone. The only protection I get is a skin/sticker (plus AC+). This is from Sticker Boy, it's a matte back, clear front and matte sides. I kind of messed up on one of the sides and stretched it a bit too much, which is why it covers the SIM hole, but it's not like I'll ever eject it. Plus, when you buy it, they give you 2 pairs so I still have another.

ipsbback.jpg
ipsbfront.jpg
ipsbsidevol.jpg
ipsbsidesim.jpg
ipsbbottom.jpg

I've purchased several skins from sticker boy for my MBP and iPhone. So, I'm a big fan. I got an email stating that they're having a BOGO sale and promo codes are stackable. I often use "CABLE" to get 5% off.

Holiday Special - Sticker Boy.net
buy 3 get 1 free
buy 4 get 2 free
starts now thru 1/2/13 11:59pm Eastern Stand time USA.

for the freebies, please write the in the "special instructions" under the shopping cart.

Rules:
1. the 3 or 4 purchases must be in the same category of
mobile phones, tablets, ipods, headphones, macbook.
2. the 3 or 4 purchases must be the same type meaning - full bodies, back skins, side wraps, etc. Substitutions of different parts are not permitted.
3. Freebies must be equal to or less than the value of the purchased product.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
I'm not a big fan of cases, I like to maintain the original look/size of the phone. The only protection I get is a skin/sticker (plus AC+). This is from Sticker Boy, it's a matte back, clear front and matte sides. I kind of messed up on one of the sides and stretched it a bit too much, which is why it covers the SIM hole, but it's not like I'll ever eject it. Plus, when you buy it, they give you 2 pairs so I still have another.

ipsbback.jpg
ipsbfront.jpg
ipsbsidevol.jpg
ipsbsidesim.jpg
ipsbbottom.jpg

I've purchased several skins from sticker boy for my MBP and iPhone. So, I'm a big fan. I got an email stating that they're having a BOGO sale and promo codes are stackable. I often use "CABLE" to get 5% off.

Holiday Special - Sticker Boy.net
buy 3 get 1 free
buy 4 get 2 free
starts now thru 1/2/13 11:59pm Eastern Stand time USA.

for the freebies, please write the in the "special instructions" under the shopping cart.

Rules:
1. the 3 or 4 purchases must be in the same category of
mobile phones, tablets, ipods, headphones, macbook.
2. the 3 or 4 purchases must be the same type meaning - full bodies, back skins, side wraps, etc. Substitutions of different parts are not permitted.
3. Freebies must be equal to or less than the value of the purchased product.

This is exactly what I am looking for. Matte back & sides, clear front.

Does it have to be the iKlear solution or can I use the left over solution I got from my Zagg skin install?

I am convinced the wet application, when done right, will give the best results.

Thanks for posting.

pman219

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2011
Rochester, NY
Draco- First case/bumper I've ever liked

Attachments

• im4474age.jpeg
    im4474age.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 145
  • ima55ge.jpeg
    ima55ge.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 121
  • imag5454e.jpeg
    imag5454e.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 139

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
This is exactly what I am looking for. Matte back & sides, clear front.

Does it have to be the iKlear solution or can I use the left over solution I got from my Zagg skin install?

I am convinced the wet application, when done right, will give the best results.

Thanks for posting.

No, it doesn't have to be the iKlear solution. It was the only thing I had available. I was too lazy to get the glass cleaner (which was the recommended solution) from my car.

And yes, just as long as all liquid is pushed out and not too much is used, wet application will produce great results with little to no chance of air bubbles or other deformities.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.