Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bsurb

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
FL
I have the Iphone 5 for sprint right now, not sure why but it doesn't catch my attention much. Its the exact same thing as the 4. Just a little bigger screen.....

In my area, they don't have the 4G towers built yet either for a few more months.... So the speed is also the same as the 4.

Does anybody have the samsung galaxy note 2? I know its big, but it looks pretty bad A**. I got away from droid for a while but I wanted to get some opinions....

thanks

salas2324

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
It's the exact same thing as the note 1, just with a little bigger screen.

Disagree. It has 1.6ghz quad core processor, 2gb of ram, and 64gb maximum card size.

Its almost like saying the iPhone 5 is the exact same thing as the iPhone 4... Just with a little bigger screen

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2010
Had the Note 2 for 2 weeks. Awesome device. Battery is great with the 3100mah battery. (about the same as the 5)
+big screen
+great OS (jelly bean), touchwiz is really good now.
+sd slot: only for media, apps stay in main memory
+stylus is neat

-big phone: one handed operation is tricky
-bloat from carrier: very glas iOS has no bloatware
-amoled: good for some people, too saturated and dim for me.
-limited storage: apps only go on main memory, which is ~11GB.

Overall the Note 2 is a great device. I took it back because I wanted iOS which integrates better with my iPad 4.

bsurb

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
FL
iv never used the galaxy note before. the only android i owned was the old evo.

the iphone 5 is just boring.... its seems the exact same thing as the 4. bigger screen thats it.

i kind of like the size of the note 2.

the iphone 5 battery drains pretty quick when i constantly use it.my 4 seemed to last a lot longer. i am concerned about the Note 2 though if i constantly use it.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Galaxy Note 2 is so cool, it's like having a portable computer in your hand, really! Give it a test run at one of your stores and if you like it, get it you won't be dissapointed!

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Disagree. It has 1.6ghz quad core processor, 2gb of ram, and 64gb maximum card size.

Its almost like saying the iPhone 5 is the exact same thing as the iPhone 4... Just with a little bigger screen

It was a reference to him saying the 4 and 5 were exactly alike. And one version of the original note had 2gb of ram and I thought all android's has 64gb sd cards?

bsurb

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
FL
i know the note 2 can be upgraded to 120gb sd card. the iphone doesnt go past 64gb.

the iphone is stuck in 2007.. and seems to go down hill since steve jobs passed away.

i looked at the note 2 today but the guy standing inside of sprint was telling me i made a good pick with the 5. of course, u work here and i was wanting to return it......

i use twitter, facebook, tumblr ect all the time. i promote music artists and i stay on the phone 24/7 with clients.

iphone or N2 better for business related?

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
i know the note 2 can be upgraded to 120gb sd card. the iphone doesnt go past 64gb.

the iphone is stuck in 2007.. and seems to go down hill since steve jobs passed away.

i looked at the note 2 today but the guy standing inside of sprint was telling me i made a good pick with the 5. of course, u work here and i was wanting to return it......

i use twitter, facebook, tumblr ect all the time. i promote music artists and i stay on the phone 24/7 with clients.

iphone or N2 better for business related?

Since you use the phone / messaging part a lot, the Note 2 is hands down the better choice. You can actually block calls/messages from individual users or as a whole like you expect it to, unlike Apple's half-baked do not disturb mode that doesn't work. The Note 2's just work.

And I like this picture comparing the two phones:

iphone5vsamsunggalaxyno.jpg

iPhone 5: Please don't eat me!
Note 2: I'm gonna enjoy munching you, punny one!

isephmusic

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2012
my iphone 5 battery is really damn good maybe you guys dont know about some app running in the background. then again i only bought voice and text this month so no LTE usage. next month im gonna buy 4g again hopefully the battery wont show what everyone else keeps reporting D;

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I've had an iPhone the past 4 years and decided to buy the Note II after owning the iPhone 5 for a couple of weeks. Phone runs very smooth with no lag or hiccups. Screen is amazing for web browsing and videos. Battery life lasts forever. I was able to get 3.5 days with moderate use on a single charge. (normally have to charge every other day). Love the notification system and led light. I have widgets set up for my calendar, tasks, emails so they're easily accessible. That alone has helped me with productivity.

bsurb

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
FL
and instead of taking it back to sprint and getting a re stocking fee charge, i found a girl who has the n2 for 2-3 weeks who is looking to trade for an iphone....

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
Note 2 is too big for me, personally. But the iPhone 5 is too tall/skinny/thin for me as well.

That's why I've remained using an iPhone 4S, it's just perfect for me. Do what suits you best -- don't depend on the opinions of others.

craftytony

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL
Since you use the phone / messaging part a lot, the Note 2 is hands down the better choice. You can actually block calls/messages from individual users or as a whole like you expect it to, unlike Apple's half-baked do not disturb mode that doesn't work. The Note 2's just work.

And I like this picture comparing the two phones:

iPhone 5: Please don't eat me!
Note 2: I'm gonna enjoy munching you, punny one!

LOL.... i knew the note was big, but holy crap, i think it's bigger than some people's heads lol....wow....

tumblr_l2zzwfVRue1qc46e7o1_500.jpg

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I have owned and used every iPhone released and loved them but am currently using a Note 2. First android I have owned that I don't see me moving away from anytime soon. I was able to find applications that made syncing with my Apple products seamless. If Apple doesn't wow me with the 5s/6 I will be staying with the Note. First time I have said that after the iPhone first came out.

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
One thing I am VERY happy to see is that cell phone makers and Android are giving Apple a run for their money. Think this will only make Apple improve the iPhone and iOS.

bsurb

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
FL
i think i may go meet this person for their note2 at the sprint store.

robbie12345

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2011
United States
get the note. I have had the iphone 5 for a couple of months now after upgrading from the 4s, and it seems quite boring, honestly i wish i had the note. The notes screen is amazing. yes you cant use it with one hand, but its much better. also its about the same speed in general plus u get nfc and that awesome s pen!

go with the note, because if you dont you eill be sorry

bsurb

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
FL
found another one locally they want to trade..

ill keep you guys update on what i decide to do

pablo7

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2008
LOS ANGELES, CA.
I have owned and used every iPhone released and loved them but am currently using a Note 2. First android I have owned that I don't see me moving away from anytime soon. I was able to find applications that made syncing with my Apple products seamless. If Apple doesn't wow me with the 5s/6 I will be staying with the Note. First time I have said that after the iPhone first came out.
Same here I use isyncr and sync my music and vids over wifi.

i like how you can have several tabs open to on the note 2
Yes you can.

WOLFITZ

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2012
Ok I didn't read everyone's posts but here's my opinion I had the note 2 for 39 days and I've got the 5 now the note 2 is an amazing phone battery was amazing, I miss this most of all and am disappointed in apple in this field. Now I've had iphone 3,4, and now 5, EVO, photon, blackberry bold, and others as well, but I have a disease where I have to have the latest phone. Anyway the Note 2 does so much but I found that I didn't use those things unless showing it off. Now that I have a iphone again I don't miss the big screen and big phone it feels good texting I don't have to mess with samsungs stupid keyboard, but the battery life is the only thing I miss

setty7

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
im stuck between the N2 and the I5. I dont like how you cant put the N2 in your pocket comfotably. I also think the I5 screen could be a little bigger. The note's screen is nice and big on the other hand. Im sub'd for this thread for sure.

bsurb

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
FL
should i stay away from rooted phones??

one dude who wants to trade says its rooted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.