Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
5drm2d.jpg

its pretty good, need to be a little spicier. good consistency and thickness.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
It's that time of year again. For the second year in a row Southern Comfort Traditional Egg Nog is the best IMO..

For relaxing times... Make it egg nog time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    528.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

DollaTwentyFive

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2010
Parts Unknown
Haven't tapped into the 'Nog this season yet. Mostly because here in Florida, it is hard to find decent Egg Nog. I agree with many posters about Hood being the best. In the carton, of course. But I don't think it is available outside of the northeast.

When I was a kid, we had a dairy that delivered it in glass bottles. Nothing will ever come close. But I'm going to have to get in on some tomorrow morning.

Thank you for this thread. It makes my diet even harder. :D

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Ah, what a simply fascinating thread; a thread which celebrates the Yuletide season and salutes unselfconscious (nostalgic) greed for a much loved staple. I love it.

And, for the record, I have yet to taste egg-nog; clearly, a treat is in store, I am agog at the thought of getting to sample egg nog.

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
Love Nog - Also check out Tom and Jerry's - the latter are a little more regional but very very good.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I love the nog, it just doesn't like me. This makes an appearance or two at our house instead and I still dilute it with some plain soy or rice milk.

seasonalNog.jpg

B

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
I used to love that stuff as a kid. Now, it's disgusting. I'll buy it sometimes for the sake of nostalgia, but it's not as good as I remember. Either I grew up, or they don't make good eggnog anymore.

My favorite brand was from Kroger in North Carolina. It was in a red container with diagonal cursive text.

I only remember fragments of my childhood vividly, so I must have been very young. I can still describe the interior of my mothers car from when I was still car-seat age. Creeps her out and I love it.

One thing I will say with certainty is I never liked the fake stuff. Thick milk with egg nog flavor. Usually called holiday nog. Absolutely disgusting!

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I don't do egg nogg.

I do Almond Milk + Da Vinci sugar free egg nogg syrup w/ some cinnamon

Heaven ;)

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
Despite my previous five year-old post in this thread, I do not think I have actually had egg nog since that time. :eek:

May have to change that this upcoming day, though. :)

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
I used to like it. That stuff has too many calories though. Haven't touched it since I stopped drinking milk years ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.