Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Thanks Tekserve :)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 90

RichP74

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
Just got my 32 gig white and black iPad minis from Tekserve. Used an actual FedEx box, well packaged, both are in perfect shape. Black one, which is mine, is setting up now. Wife's is staying sealed, and I was told this AM I'd die if I dared open hers up (hey, I offered to get it charging and set it up here at work!).

Yes, she's an Apple fangirl through and through.

I can already tell this thing isn't straying far from my side. Just perfect form factor. The Apple Smart Cover, despite being a gratuitous ripoff, works just as well as its big brother. I've got it propped up, watching my iCloud restore go down.

Thanks Tekserve, and thanks OP for turning me on to those guys. I will be going there for big ticket Apple needs down the road for sure.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
they're all out of 16 gigs now :( Same with macmall. Anyone have any other ideas?

Apple online (maybe a chance can get it by Christmas-don't know), call local Best Buys/Targets, I think Walmart online lets you search inventory. Good luck!

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
Can any of you guys who ordered from Tekserve tell me if your Fedex tracking status included a destination scan in Brooklyn NY? I ordered a black 16 from them on Tuesday. It should have been delivered yesterday, I even received a phone call from the Fedex automated system telling me to expect the package yesterday because a signature is required. As of right now it is still sitting in Brooklyn (arrived at Fedex location Brooklyn NY, same as it's been since Tuesday).

I have a strong suspicion that this package is lost (or stolen) in the Brooklyn Fedex warehouse :mad::( I receive many Fedex packages, never seen one stuck in one location for two days with no movement.

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
Thanks Tekserve ordered Tuesday

I'm in NJ as well and also ordered on Tuesday. Can you post what your tracking status looks like on Fedex? My package has been stuck in Brooklyn ever since it was picked up on Tuesday.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-20 at 5.40.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-12-20 at 5.40.28 PM.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 57

marcoity

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2012
Seattle
Can any of you guys who ordered from Tekserve tell me if your Fedex tracking status included a destination scan in Brooklyn NY? I ordered a black 16 from them on Tuesday. It should have been delivered yesterday, I even received a phone call from the Fedex automated system telling me to expect the package yesterday because a signature is required. As of right now it is still sitting in Brooklyn (arrived at Fedex location Brooklyn NY, same as it's been since Tuesday).

I have a strong suspicion that this package is lost (or stolen) in the Brooklyn Fedex warehouse :mad::( I receive many Fedex packages, never seen one stuck in one location for two days with no movement.

Call tekserve & check whats going on. I ordered my mini with 2 day priority shipping on monday 17th, somehow they sent it via ground & i probably wouldn't have receive it till after christmas( i live in seattle). So i called them next day, they apologized for the mistake. Sent me another one via Overnight shipping no extra charges.

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
Call tekserve & check whats going on. I ordered my mini with 2 day priority shipping on monday 17th, somehow they sent it via ground & i probably wouldn't have receive it till after christmas( i live in seattle). So i called them next day, they apologized for the mistake. Sent me another one via Overnight shipping no extra charges.

I did, but they pretty much gave me the standard "oh it takes up to 7 days via ground service", totally ignoring the fact that I'm just right across the river from them and that Fedex even called to tell me to expect the package yesterday.

Fedex has put an inquiry on the package, whatever that really means. I've received packages big and small from all over the world, first time I've ever had to deal with a lost package.

hnic247

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2011
Lindenwold, Nj
I'm assuming you didn't the priority shipping for $12..the rep told me it might not get there by Christmas if I got ground shipping

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 76

djearlybird

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2007
Ordered tax free on 12/18, came today 12/21 with 2day shipping. Christmas is saved by Tekserve. Wife will be happy. :D

ericDylan

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2012
This may be a silly question, but I am not versed in sales tax laws. Since the store is now only taking orders of the iPad mini over the phone, does this mean I have to pay sales tax? I am not sure because I know, over the internet, sales tax is only taken is the company operates within your state. Since ordering over the phone has been around much longer, I didn't know if it had different sales tax laws than the internet.

Anyone who ordered an iPad mini over the phone, did you have to pay sales tax?

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
I ordered my white 16GB iPad mini from these guys last Wednesday, and got it Friday. Since I live in MA it ended up being tax free as well. I could not be any happier with the sale!

crazyjamu

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2013
Thanks!

Sorry for the bump, but I found this thread on Google a few days ago and, like many of you, just ordered a 16gig Mini....I cannot find one anywhere near here in Pittsburgh. Just wanna say thanks to whoever posted this place. THANK YOU! No tax, free shipping, and absolutely awesome customer service. Cannot wait to have another reason to order from them again. Hoping it gets here on Monday. This is my first iPad and pretty stoked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.