Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nandifix

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 10, 2012
Hello, my friend recently received his BTO iMac with 1TB Fusion drive that he bought from the UK HE store.

He is now telling me that he has changed his mind about the product and wants to return it. How would he go about doing this as I am not much help on this matter I thought you guys may have more knowledge.

Is there a restocking fee in the UK?

Thanks.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
Hello, my friend recently received his BTO iMac with 1TB Fusion drive that he bought from the UK HE store.

He is now telling me that he has changed his mind about the product and wants to return it. How would he go about doing this as I am not much help on this matter I thought you guys may have more knowledge.

Thanks.

Apple's return policy is a purchase can be returned within 14 days, there would be no restocking fee. After 14 days he cannot return it however he may beg the mercy of the store manager. This is assuming he bought it from an Apple Store either Brick and Mortar or the online store. If he bought from an Apple reseller then he's at the mercy of the reseller's sales policies. Very very simple policy. Had he read his receipt this probably is explained on it too. Because it's a BTO, if it's less than 14 days old all he has to do is call the online store and ask to return it.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
All you have to do is ring Apple and arrange for them to come and collect it. A UPS driver will come and knock on your door and you hand the package over. Really simple.

beerglass007

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008

Thanks.

why ?

Nandifix

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 10, 2012
Ok so he would receive the full price he paid for the iMac? No fees at all?

Thanks guys.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Apple UK's returns policy is listed on the online store.

7. Your Rights to Withdraw from the Contract and to Return Faulty Products or Products which are not in Conformity

7.1Right to withdraw from the contract. If you are not satisfied with any Product or the terms of any entitlement to Services you have purchased from us, you may return the Product to us or cancel the entitlement to Services and obtain a refund of the price of the returned Product or Service entitlement if you contact us within 14 Calendar Days of delivery of the Product or entering into the contract for the purchase of Services.

7.2 Exceptions to the right to withdraw from the contract. (i) Products. You may not return a Product and claim a refund if the Product concerned is: a) Software which we supplied to you sealed and unused and you have broken the seal or which you have successfully downloaded from the AppleStore website; or (ii) Services. You may not obtain a refund for a Service if you have commenced use of the Service.

7.3 Procedure to follow to claim a refund under your right to withdraw from the contract. (i) Please telephone us on 0845 600 1683 between 08:00 and 21.00 Monday to Friday or 09:00 and 20.00 Saturday and Sunday to make arrangements for return. You will then be provided with an RMA (Return Material Authorisation) number. (ii) Apple will subsequently arrange for the Product(s) to be collected by Apple´s nominated carrier. You will be contacted in advance to arrange for a suitable collection time and collection place. (iii) Before returning any Product(s) to Apple please check that you have: 1. Received a RMA number from Apple (issued on request). 2. Enclosed all accessories, in box warranties and other material supplied unless informed otherwise. 3. Used if possible all packaging that was originally supplied. Unless damaged while being opened, the original Product packaging is most suitable for use for Product returns, and unless damaged while the Product was opened, this packaging should be used. Apple reserves the right to reject a returned Product that was damaged because it was improperly packaged during the returns process. 4. Ensure the following returns address and the RMA number are clearly displayed: FAO RO Dept. Apple UKDC C/O Walsh Western UK Ltd Logix Park Watling Street (A5) Hinckley Leicestershire LE10 3HZ RMA number (please insert number provided to you) 5. Sealed the packaging securely. (iv) Following these steps will help ensure the Product(s) arrive at the correct destination and in good condition within a timely fashion. Should you fail to follow this procedure and should the condition of the Product(s) received by Apple show that you failed to discharge your obligations to take reasonable care of the Products, your refund will be reduced.

7.4 Faulty products or products which are not in conformity. If a Product was supplied in error, is incomplete or faulty and you believe that you are entitled to a replacement or repair in accordance with paragraph 10 below, please telephone us on 0845 600 1683 between 08:00 and 21.00 Monday to Friday or 09:00 and 20.00 Saturday and Sunday.

7.5 Holiday Return Policy
Items purchased at the Apple Online Store that are received between October 27, 2012 and December 25, 2012, may be returned through January 7, 2013. Please note that all other terms and conditions provided in the Apple Online Store are still applicable. This holiday return policy does not apply to iPhone or wireless service contracts. All purchases made after December 25, 2012 are subject to the standard Apple Online Store return policy , which requires returns to be made within 14 calendar days of the date of receipt. For more information, refer to the Apple Online Store.

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/open/salespolicies#topic-7

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.