Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
The bottom of the phone looks to be covered, which is something that, for some reason, is devoid on most other cases. The only other case I have personally found that offers the full coverage like this is the Speck candy shell. At under $20 this looks like quite the deal. Thanks for sharing.

kramjam

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
California
Really tempting, coming from the elago outfit which does a great job at replicating the black/slate look, just doesn't protect the top and bottom of the phone. Excited for user reviews and photos.

treeoflife

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2010
The color choices for this new product line is pretty amazing! I would want one of these. Their web states ship out in 1-2 weeks. Are they going to ship it out before Christmas?? Anyone contacted their c/s dept?

Steevie

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2012
For $18 a pop and using my $7.77 code I put in a preorder for the slate and gunmetal

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
The color choices for this new product line is pretty amazing! I would want one of these. Their web states ship out in 1-2 weeks. Are they going to ship it out before Christmas?? Anyone contacted their c/s dept?

I did.

Dear boshii,

Thank you for contacting Spigen.com Customer Service Department.
Hi, my name is Michelle from Spigen.com.

We are expecting them to arrive within 2-3 weeks,
You can start pre-ordering them now!
http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-case-slim-armor.html

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you.

=================================================================

Customer Service Representative,
- Michelle

I doubt they make it before Christmas.

----------

What $7.77 code ?

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1484274/

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
Wirelessly posted

Steevie said:
Got my tracking number!! Should be here within the next couple days!!:D

When did you order yours? I ordered on Dec 11, both an Armor and a glassTr. Nothing in my mail and email box.

webworks415

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2008
Here's a review

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/spigen-sgp-slim-armor-for-iphone-5/

What are the home button stickers for ?
I thought that is only used with the glast screen protector

Thanks for the link to the review! I just ordered a slate one a few minutes ago. Sad to see the Lightning connector port is so tight...I also prefer the speaker grill openings of the SwitchEasy Tones to this one. Small holes look nicer and match the design more than the vertical openings on this SGP.

Nice detail to include home button stickers...they are optional to use. I have a BodyGuardz Pure glass protector on my iPhone and i messed the home button up on install. Now its a little bent and it slides around since I took it off to remove dust. Extra button will come in handy.

dynamiks

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2011
Wirelessly posted

When did you order yours? I ordered on Dec 11, both an Armor and a glassTr. Nothing in my mail and email box.

After reading that he got his tracking number I checked my order status on the Spigen website and I see that mine shipped today, and the tracking number is there. I did not receive an email either though. I hope it arrives on Monday.

lw9090

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2008
After reading that he got his tracking number I checked my order status on the Spigen website and I see that mine shipped today, and the tracking number is there. I did not receive an email either though. I hope it arrives on Monday.

Check your Spam filter. I found mine there this morning ordered on Wednesday and thats when they sent my tracking info too.

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
Just got the Slim Armor case today. Got the silver/gray to match my white iPhone. First impressions:

1) Fit is perfect - Easy to put on and fairly easy to take off.
2) Appearance is nice- Looks just like the photos on Spigen's site.
3) Form factor - Case is very slim but looks like it would provide a pretty good amount of protection.
4) Button feel - This is the best I've seen on just about any case with any phone. It's like using the phone without a case, and that's true for both the sleep/wake and volume buttons.
5) Included extras- Spigen included a $7.99 gift card and an Ultra Crystal screen protector.
6) My only complaint is the lack of grip on the removable backplate. The website says that it has a matte, soft-touch finish. It is a very nice-looking silver matte finish, but it's also very slick. It does have the chiseled edges which help a little with grip.

I'm going to try it and see how I like it. It really looks nice if I can manage to hang onto it.

dynamiks

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2011
Check your Spam filter. I found mine there this morning ordered on Wednesday and thats when they sent my tracking info too.

Thanks, you were right. I checked my spam folder and it was in there. Hopefully mine should be delivered by tomorrow, but definitely by Monday.

rxllrn

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Just got the Slim Armor case today. Got the silver/gray to match my white iPhone. First impressions:

3) Form factor - Case is very slim but looks like it would provide a pretty good amount of protection.
4) Button feel - This is the best I've seen on just about any case with any phone. It's like using the phone without a case, and that's true for both the sleep/wake and volume buttons.
5) Included extras- Spigen included a $7.99 gift card and an Ultra Crystal screen protector.
6) My only complaint is the lack of grip on the removable backplate. The website says that it has a matte, soft-touch finish. It is a very nice-looking silver matte finish, but it's also very slick. It does have the chiseled edges which help a little with grip.

I'm going to try it and see how I like it. It really looks nice if I can manage to hang onto it.

Can you post pictures? I was concerned about the gap between the case and the phone itself (as iLounge mentioned on their review). Does the top lip really not curl over the glass?

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012

Do you have a Speck CandyShell or Belkin Grip Candy Sheer? If so, can you compare thickness between the SGP and one of these cases?

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
I would get some photos but for now, I've put my Switcheasy Bonds case back on. I like everything about the Slim Armor case except the lack of grip. It feels like it's going to fly out of my hand all the time. I wish they had put some texture or rubberized coating of some kind on that plastic back piece.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.