Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
What makes it so annoying? Can't you just not click the Up Next button? All it does is make the same shuffle function more usable.

keep getting popups asking if I want to clear the up next queue or just play what I selected
when I have played something it then resumes playing what was in the queue before

I want a system like we had previous
Use a queue if i want to, itunes dj did this and does work similar to up next
or
just play music and not use the queue, now I cant as everything gets added to it

for me up next is a very poor version of part of itunes dj functionality, it's just another one of these things apple keeps adding without giving users the option to turn it off if we don't want it

mikegc

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2012
Am I the only one who hates iTunes 11?

I've as new Windows 7 64 bit machine. As a long-time iTunes user, I updated to 11 and this is what has happened:

1. Half of my playlists are gone; those that are left have around half of the song they used to have.

2. Ringtones gone

3. Audiobooks gone

4. Movies gone

5. TV shows gone

6. Two thirds of my library gone

After several conversations with Apple support, I've gotten most everything back after about 12 hours working on the problems. I still, however, have missing songs and I've just got to hack my way through finding them. One of the Apple techs told me many of my problems were not isolated.

Does anyone know what I did wrong? I did the update as I've done it many times before.

Neverywhere

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2012
Used it for more than a week now...still do not like it...the more i use it the more obvious it becomes it is a disaster....example: If you use the search function you are asked if you want the found results in the main frame...well, not as easy as the old one wich just went where you asked it to go ,but...ok...if that is all...well no...because if you are finished with the requested songs you are automatically brought back to the top of the list....

Every time again and again you have to scroll down from Abba,Aha,AC/DC..

I am not a happy man!

bzen

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
So much wasted time trying to find "work-arounds"

It is so insanely difficult to watch shows/movies.

My favorite is that sometimes iTunes plays an TV episode that is completely random when I've selected a specific one. For example, double click on a Walking Dead episode it starts playing one from Six Feet Under. Also, the majority of the time it cannot play two episodes in a row of any show without closing and reopening.

I could go on and on and on.

I haven't found a program so clunky since . . . well, since I was a Windows user.

Exodist

macrumors member
Took a bit to get used to, been using it everyday since it was released. I have over 500+ albums mind you. But over all I really like IT11. There are a few bugs that need worked out and a few features I would like to see. But I find it pretty good.

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
Interesting that JRiver is coming out with an OS X player. Wonder if it will be any good.

i1280

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2012
I hate it. Constant crashing and a GUI that's more at home on a PC! Gone back to 10.7, although slower with a large collection at least it works!

How do you go back to 10.7??? I would LOVE TO DO THAT but everything I've read says it really can't be done.

Can you just uninstall iTunes 11 and load 10.7 from a download and start over? I'd be willing to do that at this point if I could find 10.7...

Wee Beastie

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2007
In the snow with Rosebud
I like it

Even though I had to make a tiny bit of effort to get used to something different <gasp>, I've actually found that it enhances the way I like to organize, browse, and listen to my music. So far I am much preferring it to previous iterations, and am excited to use it.

If, after a few more days, I find some flaws with it, I'll be sure to completely blow a gasket and add my own melodramatic, doom-and-gloom post to the mountain of them forming in this thread.

MarkG21

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2010
I like the new itunes but,

They really need to fix these two things for me

1. mouse wheel scrolling
2. ability to resize tv/movie art like in previous generations

I really oinly use itunes for movies and tv shows. I don't touch my music much anymore.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
If, after a few more days, I find some flaws with it, I'll be sure to completely blow a gasket and add my own melodramatic, doom-and-gloom post to the mountain of them forming in this thread.
This is one of the best responses in the entire thread.

Still enjoying iTunes 11 over here, both under OS X and Windows.

Parkin Pig

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2009
Yorkshire-by-Gum
Audiobook Mess

Anybody noticed the Audiobook problem with iT11?
If an audiobook is imported from multiple CDs, iT11 arranges the tracks in the following order...

Disc 1, Track 1
Disc 2, Track 1
Disc 3, Track 1
Disc 1, Track 2
Disc 2, Track 2
Disc 3, Track 2
Disc 1, Track 3
Disc 2, Track 3
Disc 3, Track 3

..etc

Is Apple is trying to force us to acquire all our media from the iTunes store in order to listen in the correct order?
I accept that in the future physical media will cease to exist, but CDs and DVDs are still very much in existence and I for one have plenty waiting to be imported.
Apple have dropped the superdrive from the new iMac so they can show photos taken at a strategic angle to imply it's much thinner than the bulbous bulk at the back. It's a desktop machine - are they suggesting the slimline edges have freed up lots of useable desk space? Desk space that could be used to plug in an external Superdrive perhaps - hardly as elegant as an internal Superdrive.
Apple need to slow down and fix their current range of hardware and software instead of focusing on this relentless onslaught of underdeveloped, untested buggy new products.

Fiveos22

macrumors 65816
Nov 20, 2003
Has anyone else noticed that iTunes is now much slower recording the recently played songs?

I thought it was just me (after iTunes bungled my entire library on my iMac, and then my "fix" ended with me deleting artists S-Z... thank god for back ups) when my iMac would only record every 3rd or 4th track played in the "Recent" smart list. But then, on my MacBook I've recently noticed the same thing, however three hours later the list corrected itself.

Its not affecting the function of iTunes in a strict sense (i.e. the music still plays), but its a bizarre change. Good thing I'm not neurotic about music listening statistics anymore...

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
I like it. It's pretty snappy and when I transferred my music to the music folder from my external HDD I was worried the tags would be all messed up but iTunes sorted everything just the way I like it and most of my album art is there too. Doesn't hurt that it's also easier on the eyes

mattg3

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2010
ma.
Okay, so its hated but what is apple going to do next?Release updates or a whole new Itunes 12 paying attention to why its a failure?I will not touch it until feedback gets better on the forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.