Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I think the wifi network search drivers are just more aggressive with the polling. Try disabling WIFI when not in use, see if it makes a difference.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
when I'm in school normally I can maintain a "full battery bar" for several hours. Now it'll go down to the battery level bar that happens when it drops down to 93/94%. Even though I'm not doing anything and have 4 bars of signal.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
No such problems here.

To anyone having a problem with battery drain.

Plug your phone into the charger. Delete all the apps from the fast app switcher tray.

Press and hold the home button and sleep button at the same time. Screen should go blank, let go and phone will restart.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 64

tomjleeds

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2004
Manchester, UK
when I'm in school normally I can maintain a "full battery bar" for several hours. Now it'll go down to the battery level bar that happens when it drops down to 93/94%. Even though I'm not doing anything and have 4 bars of signal.

Sounds like it was previously reporting incorrectly.

ToyGun1

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2012

The Same thing happen here too always have my phone on charge overnight.
Battery always drops to 93/94% each morning.:confused:

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
You guys think it was reporting right staying at 100% for hours???

No wonder you trust Verizon won't cancel unlimited LTE lol...

Seriously though, it's a much more EVEN discharge for me. It reports accurate discharge, instead of peaks and valleys.

It SHOULD drop a few percent after a few hours. If it wasn't before it wasn't you magically getting free power it was just not reporting the drain.

Spike099

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2007
Canada
Pretty well a bricked device...

After updating to 6.02 the phone locks up after putting my password in. It makes the click sound when I successfully put my password in, but doesn't do anything else. After about 30 seconds to a minute, it restarts :( same thing happens after it restarts. I can access the camera and play music if I double tap the home button. But it never gets past the lock screen!! this isn't good.

----------

Funny, while trying anything possible... If I open the camera from the lock screen, swipe right, it goes to a black screen... Wtf! Did I download a pre-alpha version of the OS or something!!!

----------

Ahhh it's fixed! I "thought" it was restarting after it crashed from the lock screen, but it was really just the "Lock Screen app" restarting. I had to force the device to restart using power and home button. :D phew!

Browns2212

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
Orchard Park, NY
Updated last night.

No issues, but I wasn't having any before either. Battery still good.

That said, I did notice that my WiFi seemed to pick up and notify me that a WiFi connection was available much more often.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
so are pretty much all iPhone launches going to be plagued with bugs and then towards the release of the next one all these bugs will be ironed out then replaced with new ones for the next iOS?

Welcome to the world of software; nothing's ever bug-free. As for this topic, my battery is the same if not better after the update.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
so are pretty much all iPhone launches going to be plagued with bugs and then towards the release of the next one all these bugs will be ironed out then replaced with new ones for the next iOS?

Since you seem to only pay attention to the few anecdotal negative posts and ignore all the positive ones: Yes, they'll ALL be messed up. You really should switch to Android. Immediately.

Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my great battery life under 6.0.2.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Have you actually looked at what they consider "standby" to be?

Standby is with the screen off, no bluetooth etc I'd imagine. Which suggests that with the screen off, you should expect the phone to drop by ~1% every ~2 and a bit hours.

D-Back

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2008
Still see issues with wifi dropping, still have to goto settings then wifi to get it back... :(

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I've had no battery problems at all. Updating to 6.0.1 made things even better. Updating to 6.0.2 has not noticeably changed anything - still happy with performance.

x2. I know 6.0.2 seemed a little worse only because I used the phone so much more because I could actually use WiFi for once at work for the first time since buying the phone. :p

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
6.02 is woeful.

Data drops often. Now I just downloaded a single game over WIFI and my battery dropped from 96% down to 92%. Ridiculous.

jkauff

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2012
My phone has never had Wi-Fi issues, but I upgraded anyway. I have Wi-Fi on at work all day, and I'm definitely seeing an increase in battery drain. I suspect Apple "fixed" the problem by sending more juice to the radio, which would account for the battery hit. I'm leaning toward going back to 6.01.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
For anyone experiencing problems, do a soft reset first, update all your apps and reset network settings. If that doesnt work do a hard reset, if THAT doesnt work just restore your phone. Im on 6.02 and i have absolutely no problems its most likely just a update bug you guys got when you updated

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Since you seem to only pay attention to the few anecdotal negative posts and ignore all the positive ones: Yes, they'll ALL be messed up. You really should switch to Android. Immediately.

Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my great battery life under 6.0.2.

Typical apple supremacist post. What about this bug that makes my phone randomly restart when opening a notification? For it to "just work" I shouldn't have to basically set my phone up as new to get an update working properly.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012

I never had any issues with my launch iPhone 5 besides wifi in the beginning which is fixed now so i have no complaints or problems

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
My battery life has improved since iOS 6.0.2. Before the update, I would end up with around 60% of battery left after a day's work. Now I have about 80% left.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
My FiL's Nokia phone had great battery time. 26 days, I think was his average. And he turned it on briefly almost every other day!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.