Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheHeavy

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
Really Apple, thanks for...

Ordered November 30th... Processing Items, Processing Items, you know the usual drill.

Checked this evening, order still processing but now with the super awesome change of shipping dates of Dec. 20 - Dec. 27 to January 2 - January 7.

Called in and had zero help from customer service, no explanation for the change, no explanation for the delay and was informed that all orders are fulfilled in the order in which they were received.

Apple you are so great, keep it up!

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
Ordered November 30th... Processing Items, Processing Items, you know the usual drill.

Checked this evening, order still processing but now with the super awesome change of shipping dates of Dec. 20 - Dec. 27 to January 2 - January 7.

Called in and had zero help from customer service, no explanation for the change, no explanation for the delay and was informed that all orders are fulfilled in the order in which they were received.

Apple you are so great, keep it up!

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

I would have said, "so that's why people who have ordered after me are receiving their orders?"

ericbreiter

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2012
all orders are fulfilled in the order in which they were received

Right. They can usually discredit information given by people online, but I have hard evidence the above is not the case. My friend ordered the exact same specification (computer, AppleCare, edu discount, bank card type) two days after me (the 2nd). His is delivered, mine will not arrive until January.

jonnyc

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
Hey jonnyc,

Has yours changed to Preparing for Shipment?

Nooooooooooooo!!! :mad:

I even cracked and called in yesterday just in the slight hope they would do more than just look at the order page that I can see, but no luck.

Sighness.. Ah well, looks like you got the headstart. Good luck my friend ;)

rainbowsofwhite

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
Nooooooooooooo!!! :mad:

I even cracked and called in yesterday just in the slight hope they would do more than just look at the order page that I can see, but no luck.

Sighness.. Ah well, looks like you got the headstart. Good luck my friend ;)

Bugger!! Sorry to hear that.
I'm sure it'll be any day now.

Mine has just changed to Shipped...

View attachment 384721

MacDouble

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
Mine is still processing. And I'm very angry.
I mean I ordered 30/11 and the delivery is 3 -9 January. Tomorrow is the fourth week of waiting.
If it comes on the 9th I have waited almost 6 weeks. That's the first time I ordered from Apple and it will be the last time. I have never waited so long for an order.

Last edited:

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
Mine is still processing. And I'm very angry.
I mean I ordered 30/11 and the delivery is 3 -9 January. Tomorrow is the fourth week of waiting.
If it comes on the 9th I have waited almost 6 weeks. That's the first time I ordered from Apple and it will be the last time. I have never waited so long for an order.

Wow... That is a long time... I would not stand for it and would kick up a fuss on their customer service. I'm getting bored of waiting now and I am considering cancelling my order.

*edit* I should probably say that when / if I cancel, I've priced up an alternative rMBP instead, at least I will get that quickly! The only issue is that I would have to buy another big screen :(

Last edited:

jonnyc

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
its all good. Good to know how long it takes to be delivered.

mine is still p r o c e s s i n g .. .

jonnyc

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
Preparing for shipment! :)

Attachments

• shipment.PNG
    shipment.PNG
    23.5 KB · Views: 56

Bintje

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
I almost can't believe it, but mine is PREPARING FOR SHIPMENT! Saw it when I woke up. Yesyesyesss!!!:D

Ordered nov. 30, delivery date 2-7 jan.

Bowcaps

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2012
Cornwall, UK
After ordering late afternoon on 30th November (GMT), a wait of 22 days, 6 hours and 14 minutes i am finally -
iMac-Order2.jpg

Now lets see if we have 7 days 'Preparing for shipment' ;)

I hope a lot more 3-4 weekers' have their ststus changed soon :)

garrize

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
Paris, France
Shipped!

Mine has finally shipped! Estimated delivery on January the 2nd! :D:D:D

It changed to shipped around 8PM GMT yesterday.

---
Bought my iMac on the 30th around 3PM GMT.
Changed to preparing for shipment Monday 17th.
Changed to shipped Friday 21st.

Mac32

Suspended
Nov 20, 2010
This is disconcerting. If people that ordered on the very first day are getting their iMacs shipped only just now, then I wonder when my iMac ordered 7. Desember will show up...

Remi B

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Boom! After 25 days of waiting, preparing for shipment finally :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 31

snugja

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2006
This is disconcerting. If people that ordered on the very first day are getting their iMacs shipped only just now, then I wonder when my iMac ordered 7. Desember will show up...

Mine is showing up today. Ordered on the 7th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.